Marineflieger, 1985 (F-104G+Tornado).

Seeing these models again reminded me how amazing they were. Wonderful work :goodjob:

The main benefit of being a GB moderator is knowing you've facilitated a situation that has inspired someone to build a particular model they've either had planned for a long time or suddenly decided to tackle; either way it's great to see the gang enjoying our hobby and creating works of art such as these. Thank you for taking part David. If you choose to participate in the 70s edition and hopefully after that a 60s follow-up I'd be delighted to watch more Marineflieger subjects being created.

• Like 1

Those are truly superb. I don't often say this but it's hard to tell some of those pictures from the real thing. The weathering in particular is dead on, restrained but fully integrated to the kits so they genuinely look like they've had real wear. Proper.

• Like 1

fantastic looking builds, both the starfighters and tornado look great, love the helmets on the Tonka just adds that little bit extra, may I ask who makes them????

but great job on the scheme and finishes on all of them and great little collection

• Like 1

Those F-104's in 32nd scale look so realistic in a few of those shots I thought they were reference photos!

You really do a good job of getting a realistic looking aircraft, the weathering is subtle in places but the aged paintwork is spot on to my eye.

I also have several of the Braz resin noses for the tornado's in 72nd and I've just had a look at mine, they appear to be perfect. Personally I find the SBS models noses to be better, they have a brass pitot tube that comes with them as well.

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1