1/24 london bus diorama

kpnuts

Hi all well the taxi is finished (definitely not skill level 3 as the instructions suggest) I could easily done it in a day.
2cr6800.jpg
2q9fhvl.jpg
9tjotv.jpg
fjf8kw.jpg
I did some more to the roller
33e5rgi.jpg
2i1ysx.jpg
2dt85sl.jpg
Also started a paper model of a classic London Police box (never done a paper model before and it's a strughle)
2agwad1.jpg
p407s.jpg
33axly1.jpg

• Like 2

I just saw your town square in some historical WW2 footage.  I was gobsmacked.. the fountain looked just like yours.  Really cool.

Hi all here is the next bit
jj1ms9.jpg
m9bvo2.jpg
oarci0.jpg
2ur9egx.jpg
TBH I'm loosing interest in this dio even though it gets more interest (or maybe because it gets more interest) than more complex kits I'm building, I may shelve this for a while as I'm getting to the stage I feel like just chucking them together to get them out the way, once I've finished this model I think I will concentrate on the others I'm building, and put this on the back burner for now

Hi all here is the next update, I've got to say this is THE very first kit I've ever built with no decals, not even for the dash a kit with a few disappointments the colours have codes at the start of the instructions but that is the only mention of them so apart from the box art there is no mention of what colour anything should be. Anyway here is where I am now.
sb7equ.jpg
i2qzqa.jpg

Hi all well the roller is finished, going to shelve this dio for a while as I'm starting to just chuck them together just to finish them and I'm not giving it my best so will come back to it when I feel more like doing it justice
25yzwb8.jpg
sq2rrb.jpg
jg6147.jpg
skvpmp.jpg
23wnx3n.jpg
Here is everything I have for the dio so far.
21mya21.jpg
2isttv8.jpg
2qstr9e.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

@kpnuts I just tried to look at one of your images from your most recent post and the hosting site tried to fill my browser window with some pretty unpleasant stuff.

It might be wise to find a safer hosting site. 

Not sure what happened there mate I can only apologise I've used tinypic for years and never had a problem this is on other forums (in fact this is a copy and paste from the original forum) no one has mentioned this on any other forum, I've gone through them and all I get is the picture as it should be, if you tell me which pic is causing the problem I will remove it.

8 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Not sure what happened there mate 

Me neither!

I've just looked again on my laptop and the image hosting is working as it should.

Earlier I was on an Android mobile, tapped on the pic was was taken to the tinypics site with a blank placeholder frame and a series of thumbnails of "other pics that may be of interest" - I think they were buildings and documents but I only had about a second to see them before the screen was replaced with a series of very extreme images. The URL at the top didn't change so it doesn't seem to have been a redirect.

Let's hope that whatever it was doesn't happen again!

It's good to see you build progressing - I'm really looking forward to the finished article!

Brian

Hi all here's the next update I made the break and fuel lines out of stripped network wires
f3hlcx.jpg
30cahpg.jpg
I much prefer larger scales, I mean look how small this engine is
20hatg2.jpg
Compared to this
27xe6p0.jpg
Those window blind slats are 4 inches (approximately 100 mill)
How you guys add so much detail to 1/24 kits I take my hat off to you.
2l9pm3p.jpg
1124avk.jpg

• Like 1

Blimey KP, where are you going to display/store this increasingly huge diorama? On your lawn? I'm still loving the Black Cab. The Mini engine looks good too.

Rearguards

Badder

Hi all here's the next update 
xe0x28.jpg
73fel5.jpg
Don't know if anyone remembers them but made the cable that used to run from the door levers
ao96c5.jpg
And started on the next building
21kc9bq.jpg
2qw05yq.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all starting the range rover(given to me by polux) the exhausts are moulded into the floor pan so I've tried cutting them out to make them look more like pipes than how they look now.
IMG_20170730_33163195984400.jpg
IMG_20170730_0357266891541.jpg
IMG_20170730_41452826491379.jpg
IMG_20170730_312161903363326.jpg
IMG_20170730_382391767041865.jpg
IMG_20170730_43597335851268.jpg

An idea for your high-end shop. You could call it 'THIS WAY UP' .......and maybe it sells high end cardboard boxes?

The mini turned out nice btw.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1