1/72 Harrier t.10/12 , TAV-8B by Sword

rustywelder

I hope that Sword can be persuaded to release this kit ( and indeed the Harrier T2/4) in 1/48 scale in much the same way as they did for the Lightning T4/5.

Come on Sword - you know you can do it!

John

I hope that Sword can be persuaded to release this kit ( and indeed the Harrier T2/4) in 1/48 scale in much the same way as they did for the Lightning T4/5.

Come on Sword - you know you can do it!

John

John try this link for another thread http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234999966-148-bae-harrier-t2t4t8-by-kinetic-cads-release-in-2016/?hl=harrier

Bikkey - thanks. Yes I was aware that Kinetic have the Harrier T2/4/8 on the cards and will get one whenever it becomes available. I do hope that Sword will do a 1/48 version of the T10 though as it would save us all those conversion bits!

John

• Like 1

Ok, so I gotta ask - is there anything wrong with the Italeri TAV-8B?

Cheers!

Yes.

It's been a while (like 20 years) since I built it, but it's based on their original AV-8B kit, with some shape issues, pretty crude details and lots of them incorrect. Biggest gaff is the slab sided canopy. Can't recall if it has properly sized LERX, they added correctly sized ones to one of their kits, but that might have been the NA version.

The Airfix kit isn't too bad, but needs some updating and amending (Like all the ealry Airfix Harrier IIs it suffers because Heller spent so much of that years' tooling budget on the 1/48th Etendards).

• 1 month later...

Canopy looks to be also lacking the very prominent Det Chord unless they provide a decal option?

12227699555_95e78bec2e_b.jpg

Why Airfix overlooked Det Chord on the canopy of the GR1, 3, AV-8A and Sea Harrier is always a problem as the Eduard Zoom kits cost more than the ruddy Airfix kits in the first place... 

On 10/27/2016 at 8:49 PM, Trenton guy said:

Vacuform canopy--really! I thought we left those behind long ago. Wonder if the T.2/T.4 canopies will fit or perhaps those from the Italeri two seater.

Probably the only way Sword could manage the proper bubble shape to the canopy.

1 hour ago, rustywelder said:

Probably the only way Sword could manage the proper bubble shape to the canopy.

I'm pretty sure you're right : Sword probably can't do slide-molds so it isn't possible for them to do injected "omega canopies".

• 3 weeks later...