Fisher 1/32 Sea Fury

Finished & a really enjoyable process comes to an end! Beautifully cast resin with no bubbles, minimal clean up, plenty of spares provided for those parts likely to get lost or broken. Any problems were all my own making (such as the stripes of which I made a pretty poor job with endless remarking & touching up. The fuselage ones in particular are a bit patchy but I feel that lends a rather authentic "used" appearance that may be realistic!). I think I've got the u/c raked a little too far forward but who'll know. For anyone who has built this kit in the past, Fisher have made some changes; you specify whether you want open or folded wings at time of purchase, in the case of the former, the wings now come as a single fully assembled unit, for the latter (obviously) it comes in three parts. This does away with quite a lot of work but also the possibility of dropped flaps (curiously, the parts for this option are still included so maybe not?). Also, you get a beautiful cast section of a Centaurus that can be left exposed via open cowl panels. Decals, as with the rest of the kit, pretty faultless, two Korean FAA machines along with Canadian & Australian options. The only additions I used were brass tube for the pitot tube & cannon barrels & rod for the cowling support struts.

A few pics, including a couple with it's Transatlantic cousins for comparison - the Trumpeter Skyraider & Bearcat kits.

IMG_1496_zpsehops8zm.jpg

IMG_1497_zpsfifmpec4.jpg

IMG_1498_zpsedauq3td.jpg

IMG_1499_zpszomqbv2d.jpg

IMG_1500_zpsi4bimokr.jpg

IMG_1501_zpsnnd8xjrr.jpg

IMG_1503_zpsedm7qmej.jpg

IMG_1504_zpsqtwuar1b.jpg

IMG_1505_zpsi7xzupmg.jpg

IMG_1506_zpslkktuhpv.jpg

IMG_1507_zpsrbtcwfpc.jpg

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 52

Really nice job on your Sea Fury and the Skyraider, Bearcat look great to, you have a nice collection there.

Guy

Very fine build there Graham, really like the engine detail. Wouldn't worry about the stripes - were they really truly straight in real life, given they were applied quite rapidly ?(less so than for D-Day I imagine, but still...)

Take care,

Matt

Thanks for the comments chaps. Just remembered one area that was particularly problematical - the underwing landing lights. They are a pretty poor fit & having left them off until after painting, I was unable to attach them & sand flush. A lot of carving & sanding of the parts later, they went in but not too well. I'll remember to attach them earlier on if I build another!

• 2 months later...