Fujimi Ferrari 250 GTO

injidup

Absolutely loving the attention to detail. A great build, inspires me to return to the car kits in stash.

Is the tub glued down on frame? Since it's not my time.....would it be possible to close the tops of the mufflers? Little tin foil or the thin aluminum from one of the prepared baking meals? Just hate the thought of the sound and exhaust fumes from the open mufflers given the efforts to date :).

As an engine guy, love what you have done/are doing.

Keep going, a pleasure to watch!

R.

Thanks for the kind comments.

The tub still isn't glued in place but I'll probably leave the mufflers as the tops can't be seen once the tub and body are on. Besides, it will be going so fast all the noise and fumes will be blown out of the back of the car. Hopefully!

I really like this kit, despite my first Fujimi builds being very disappointing (McLaren F1 and Lotus Esprit).  This is very nicely made but the more I work on this the more I see errors and omissions plus I see how different the original cars are from each other.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a while since I posted! Family sickness - all four of us had colds with one little 'un hospitalised with pneumonia means not much time for models. 

I got some decals from the Revell kit, kindly sent by @richellis, so I put some on today.

IMG_8794_zps5rm0caid.jpg

I also got got some fuel hoses and intake funnel mesh for the Lotus 88 so I should crack on with that too. Except it's Spring here on the far side of the world and I just bought a new motorbike! 

Edited by injidup
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not much progress on either of my WIPs lately as I've had a problem with my eyes caused by an allergic reaction to contact lens fluid, so find it hard to focus up close, plus I bought a new motorbike so have been running that in. Haven't done anything to the Lotus 88, but the fuel lines and intake funnel mesh has arrived.

Did a bit more work on the interior and engine bay - seats, dash, roll bar fitted

IMG_8883_zpsoteh3ori.jpg

Got the ignition leads wired up to the coils, just need to paint them now.

IMG_8884_zpsxqzdcvsc.jpg

Test fit of the body to see how it looks...

IMG_8879_zpstpetmbad.jpg

Edited by injidup
  • Like 5

Argh! No, it's really there. I hadn't noticed!

I'm happy to live with it as it's too much work to pull it all apart now, I suspect. Will have a look later but I don't think it's worth the effort to fix it.

Scrap that. It's not a sink mark. It's how it came from the factory! :P

Edited by injidup
  • Like 1