Looking for a particular paint . .

Mancunian airman

Hi all

I am looking for a specific green aerosol spray that accurately depicts British Road Service Parcel lorries.

I cannot recall where the original sprays came from and despite searching the 'net, I have not been able to find a comparable colour.

First photo is of the lid which gives the name of the colour and some form of code :S4058.

I think that this particular Green is OOP but I live in hope.

Second photo shows a model in the colour although this is bright looking due to the camera flash but hopefully it gives some, better idea

29273896292_8305f29a35_z.jpg

29094532820_b27a02d6c6_z.jpg

I hope somebody knows another BRS enthusiast who can come up with the colour

many thanks

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman

Hi Mancunian Airman,

This might sound stupid, I've every expectation of embarrassing myself, and having half the forum rolling on the floor laughing so hard I will never be able to post again.. Is there any way you could take a sample of this and have it mixed at B&Q? I don't know how fine you need the paint needs to be, but it might just work.

Best Wishes,

Will.

Many thanks for those leads.

I too considered B&Q following on from their tv ad suggesting if they can scan it, they can mix it.

I dont particularly want 5ltrs (Minimum) of paint to paint the hangar but if no other solution appears ??

Express paints: I wonder if they can produce a colour from a scan or bar-code ??

I have yet to look up 'Railmatch'.

Strange thing happened today. Sat in the drive waiting for the bin-men to move and would you believe it but OUR green wheelie bin is almost the exact colour I need. Now where do they add the colour to those plastic resin machine ??

• 2 weeks later...