The Duel GB - good for two too

vppelt68

On one of modelling sites I used to read regularly there are several forms of collective thematic model building events besides traditional GBs. One of them is "duel" that is very similar to GB but participants sign up to one of two "teams" or "sides". The voting is done as usual but the points are summed up and the team which score is higher wins. There is also a team penalty for unfinished build that contributes to motivation. 

The last duel I took part in was about WW1, my team (Central Powers) lost that was disappointing but historically correct

Shall we try something different than boring, ordinary GBs one day?

No. Nononono. No. I AM NOT entering another group build, no matter how seductive the topic.

No. I'm not doing it.

Honestly. Not gunna happen.

No.

Oh, go on then...

No idea what I'll do, but I imagine that I've got a couple of years to work something out.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your interest, I never knew we'd be so soon approaching the number 30 required to enter the November Vote!

Pin, interesting ideas! Still, I believe, the double build required is enough of "new" for this GB proposal. Why not start a new thread for the teams GB?

Rob, welcome, some people have shorter build threads than your version of Hamlet 😊.

Let's gather the missing few names and head for The Vote! Regards, V-P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in this one, I remember we were trying to get a Dogfight Double GB going at one stage many moons ago, but this may be another way of getting it done.

Probably either a 1/48 P-51 Mustang/Raiden or a Tamiya Pershing/Panther thing from me.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2016 at 7:05 AM, Mitch K said:

I think I could manage that: the beauty of it is my main wargaming eras are post-Roman Britain and the ECW, so whatever two sets I build can do service as allies AND enemies! :thumbsup:

I'm in a similar position with the ACW.....Utility FTW!  :yahoo:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Come on, just three more... I

OK I'll take the bait ..

Heaven knows how I'm going to find the time to follow through on all my group build commitments... 

How about a Schneider Trophy duel: Macchi v Supermarine? Gloster v Curtiss..

g.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, greggles.w said:

How about a Schneider Trophy duel: Macchi v Supermarine? Gloster v Curtiss..

g.

Absolutely yes! I tried to come up with most inclusive set of rules and also promote the idea of non-military pairs. I´m glad you took the bait too :-) V-P

I'd like to join in too please,I'm thinking of maybe a T-Rex v Stegosaurus combo......won't have to worry about getting the paint scheme right,after all,nobody's around to correct it!:)

Andrew.

• Like 2

Common guys!!!! Just one more needed to get this into the voting!!! :pray:

There must be enough people who have a Duel set from Airfix to build.:please:

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, this won´t make it in The Vote. If there´ll be the cut for only the top six to continue to next years' vote, then it´s all over for this one. I still think the idea was sound and the theme most inclusive. We´re just lucky to have so many good GB ideas :D. Regards, V-P

• Like 4