IDF D9R Doobi Armoured Bulldozer

My build of MENG's Stegasaurus SS-002

D9R 'Doobi' Armoured Bulldozer

IDF 603rd Combat Engineer Battalion, Second Lebanon War 2006

"IT'S A BLINDINGLY GOOD KIT! ....."

What can you say about this Brute?

It's BIG and menacing and it's the first real, true heavyweight from the MENG stable

Started on Saturday 2nd April 2016 and Finished on 23rd August

This one will at the big reveal at the Sutton Coldfield Show on Sunday 11th September.

For anyone building this kit, I have a Vallejo Model Air colour match for Caterpillar Tractor yellow:
3 parts 71.026 US Flat Earth : 2 parts 71.078 Gold Yellow

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0147.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0146.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0145.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0144.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0141.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0140.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0139.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0138.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0137.jpg

D9R%20Heavy%20Dozer0136.jpg

Views and comments welcome

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 15

That does look excellent Shermaniac. Very impressive modelling with what does look to be an impressive kit. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm pleased as well because I managed to pick up the Slat Armour version of this kit recently at half price - so I'm well chuffed with how it looks!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That does look excellent Shermaniac. Very impressive modelling with what does look to be an impressive kit. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm pleased as well because I managed to pick up the Slat Armour version of this kit recently at half price - so I'm well chuffed with how it looks!

Kind regards,

Stix

You need to pace yourself with this kit Stix, it's brilliant build but can't be rushed.

• Like 1

You need to pace yourself with this kit Stix, it's brilliant build but can't be rushed.

It's probably going to be a while before I get around to making it but I fully intend to just enjoy the build process. It does look awesome just in the box!

• Like 1

It's probably going to be a while before I get around to making it but I fully intend to just enjoy the build process. It does look awesome just in the box!

I felt the same about my Meng Bradley, but two years is possibly pushing pacing myself a bit far!

• Like 3

The Lad done good.

He's based the weathering on photos and wanted to be restrained, there's a lot more than these pictures show. In real life it looks much better as the pictures lose some subtlety.

It changes colour when the light changes so not an easy thing to capture on a camera. It is a beautiful build.

• Like 2