Gulf War Tornado stencils

Phantome

Hi Brit experts, illuminate me on this.

What stencils did Gulf War desert pink Tornados use?

AFAIK no they were quite sparse, and only had a (just some?) a white "Rescue" stencil on the port side, the pink vertical stabilizer angle indicators, the black Fragile Area one on the spine and the smaller danger triangles below the cockpit. My questions are:

1) Was there a No Step stencil on the gray part of the wing? (the part that goes under the sweep). I assume this was not painted over

2) What about the stencils on the Boz and Sky Shadow pods? I recently saw the replica Gulf War tonka at Farnborough and vaguely remember the Sky Shadow had stencils but I wonder how historically accurate this was.

Thanks!

As far as I am aware the only stencilling on Gulf Tornadoes was the rescue and warning ones. I am sure that the "no step" ones on the grey part of the wings were kept, but let me check when I get home, as I am sure that this is mentioned on the Modeldecal sheets. On the Sky Shadow pods I am sure that the same applies in that it was only the warning signs that were applied.

Almost no stencils applied as stated above, white coloured 'RESCUE' stencil with arrow under the canopy and two red and white ejection seat warning triangles. The Boz and Skyshadow pods were also devoid of any but a few of the aircraft that retained the desert scheme for the airshow circuit during 91/92 had pods which appear to have had the stencils applied.

Muzz

I have just had a look at my Modeldecal instructions for their Gulf War sheets, and it does say that there was a "No Step" (to be taken from the kit) on the Dk Grey area on the wing where the wing goes under the sweep.