SS Grenadier Officer, Third Battle of Kharkov, 1943 - 1/35 scale

Eludia

Here's a pic, impressive eh?

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee471/billy168/image_5.jpeg

Natural light is coming from my shed window on the left (out of shot). The white board just bounces some of this light back onto the dark side of the subject. When the natural light is too poor then I just use my 2 anglepoise desk lamps with semi-opaque white shower caps over the shades to act as diffusers.

I set my camera on a tripod in front of the subject. My usual settings are ISO 100, aperture set to f8-f12 depending on how much depth of field I want then I just adjust the exposure time to match the lighting conditions (via the tried and tested method of taking test photos and adjusting the exposure till I like the look of the photos). I also use a remote to activate the shutter to prevent camera shake.

If you don't count the cost of the camera equipment, the whole setup probably cost less than £20 (including the two lamps)

• Like 1

Brilliant stuff, Billy, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: Duly took note of the parameters, I'm gonna have to do a few test shots with my camera (and I should probably get a remote myself, as I'm now using the timer function, which is pretty annoying because you have to re-set it at each snap :frantic: )

Thanks again

Ciao

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giemme said:

Looks great! :clap::clap: 

Cheers G,

I finished this one last night but couldn't post the pictures of course. If I get time later I'll upload them to Photobucket. I've also been posting to planetFigure and Platoon Britannica so if you want a look I'm sure you can find them on there, my avatar name is the same on all three forums (fora?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eludia said:

I've also been posting to planetFigure and Platoon Britannica so if you want a look I'm sure you can find them on there, my avatar name is the same on all three forums (fora?)

Got it, on planetFigure, thanks :thumbsup: Brilliant! :clap:

Ciao

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Great figure and diarama.  I like to stick to 1/35 and the odd 1/16 WW2 figures, mostly US.  I've recently started using almost exclusively acrylics as I like the fast drying times and the amount of control that you have with them.  I may get to post something later in the year as I am not happy with what I have done recently.

What are you planning next?

• Like 1

Thanks Combat :thumbsup:

I've finished a few pieces since this one. A couple of mini-busts (1/16), a 1/16 scale Iroquois from Mitches Miltary Models (full figure) and a 1/24 scale Chinese Boxer from Alexandros Miniatures.

At the minute I'm working on a 1/32 scale WW1 Nurse from Tommy's War as well as trying to sculpt and paint some of my own work, in this case a pair of 6th century Franks (a male warrior and his woman).

I usually post most of my work on Facebook these days, just search for Billy Campbell if that's your bag ;)

Eludia

I'm one of those odd people who doesn't do facebook, so if you have time to post here that would be neat.  I picked up about 16 packets of figures this week, tons of vintage Tamiya (for practice) and some nice Dragon 1/35 and 1/16 and one box of 2nd gen Dragon, so lots to do.