Back to the bench [at last!] - Airfix 72nd Defiant

Hi All

After a prolonged break while I moved home and prepared my new mancaves, I finally got sat down at the modelling bench today. Rather than jump straight in on an existing project, I chose to tackle something new.

Airfix's new tool 1:72 Defiant was selected for several reasons:

1. It's a nicely engineered kit,

2. It's an easy build,

3. It's a favourite of mine, and

4. I have all the Humbrol Enamels required [allegedly] to complete the build. :winkgrin:

Started it at 9am this morning. Decided to use the hairy brush to do the cockpit and wheel wells so I could rattle through relatively uninterrupted. Here's where I've got to so far...

Airframe1.jpg

Close up of the cockpit:

Cockpit1.jpg

... and another...

Cockpit2.jpg

So.. airframe all together - required interior completed - harness added. Tomorrow the turret, undercarriage and then airframe painting.

Doing the 246 Sqdn Day version, as you may have guessed.

I wanted to use the enamels as I'm more accustomed to using them in the airbrush. My intention is to move over to acrylics (Lifecolor being the paint of choice for me) but for now I wanted to get back into the swing of things with an easy-peasy build. I also have been gifted two airbrushes and a tankless compressor, so want to 'adjust' my spraybooth (aka the small shed) to make best use of the four 'brushes I now possess.

More work to be done on this tomorrow, hopefully getting it into the spraybooth for camouflage before the day is out.

I may also have to go back and edit a post I made in a thread asking about "how long do you take to build a model?" cos I said I take a least a week - but this excellent little kit might just be about to make a liar out of me! :)

Cheers

Kev

• Like 2