Queen Elizabeth 2, Revell 1/1200

Hi

Here are the photos of Revells 1/1200 Queen Elizabeth 2.

Great kit in my opinion; the only mistake from Revell is stern decal (QE2 Southampton) printed in black instead in white.

I have decided to left of white boot topping decal and painted area behind funnel in red (it should be white). Other than that I am really happy with result.

b01_zps6vzdkxkj.jpg

b02_zpsz7qtarpl.jpg

b03_zps4djmqz0y.jpg

b04_zpszovgjrix.jpg

b05_zps819mwdnl.jpg

b06_zpsumkirqxm.jpg

b07_zpsyijyu843.jpg

Cheers!!!

Rade

• Like 14

That's quite impressive for such a diminutive little kit Rade. You've made it look much bigger than the 22cm model it really is and a pleasure to see.

Well done :thumbsup:

Mike

• Like 1

That's quite impressive for such a diminutive little kit Rade. You've made it look much bigger than the 22cm model it really is and a pleasure to see.

Well done :thumbsup:

Mike

Thanks Mike!

Like that to Rad.

Nice detail for such a small size ship build.

foxy :coolio:

Thanks Foxy!

I have no talent at in making ships, despite many attempts. Great work, I am green with envy. :sick::wow::goodjob:

Thanks Celt! My stash is mainli ship models in 1/350 with lot of AM, however I am terrified to give it a go and destroy model. I am breaking my teeth’s on models like this in order to gain confidence and get some practice. Just keep on building...

Very nice indeed. You've got me wanting to finish mine now, if I could remember where I've put the kit

Thanks Joseph!

and 2 Cunard black rings on funnel casing?

Hi Clipper, you are right they are shown on box art as well, but with no decal provided and me being lazy to mask she will have to do without the stripes.

There are certainly some ideas for improvement for future builds, like for example "gap management".

Superdetailing: cranes from PE, water effects in the pools, and spreading some coloured bread crumbs over the decks to simulate passengers :banghead: ...

Cheers!

Rade

There are certainly some ideas for improvement for future builds, like for example "gap management".

Superdetailing: cranes from PE, water effects in the pools, and spreading some coloured bread crumbs over the decks to simulate passengers

The QE2 went through a few changes in her illustrious career, mostly colour details but her most notable change was in 1982. The addition of a few pieces of plastic sheet, and a little repaint, could get you a decent and inexpensive version of that period in her life.

qe2_as_in_1982_02_800.JPG

qe2_as_in_1982_04_800.JPG

qe2_as_in_1982_07_800.JPG

I can send you some details of the changes; send me a pm if you are interested.

Mike

• Like 3

• 1 month later...