A Blitz for the Blitz. Italeri 1/72th Kfz.305 Opel Blitz.

Rob G

Righty-o then! Here's my entry for this wee GB. Not starting until later today, but I thought I'd better do the drudge work while I had a chance. The Roden box tops are more funner, but this'll do.

Box front.

29221971816_409bd3df02_b.jpg

Box rear. I'll be doing the Gebirgsjaeger version, as I liked the camo (and if it falls flat or I run out of time, I can cheat and do the plain Dunkelgelb version :) ) As is apparently typical for Italeri, the colour callouts between the instruction sheet and the box made no sense, so I spent more time working out paint requirements yesterday than I think I will spend on the build. Then I went and bought bottles of paint, because I didn't have anything remotely close.

29256274785_4af7df9fb2_b.jpg

Parts trees. All there (all 65 bits of it). The instructions have but 6 steps, so I think I'm in with a chance here.

29256274525_8037e2e89b_b.jpg

More when I kick off!

• Like 4

Ektuerlly Cliff, it's a rotten, 'orrible choice. Flash out the wazoo (that light, annoying type of flash) and nothing quite fits (although I may before I'm done) due to tiny amounts of mould misalignment.

That's what I get for being a smartypants, I guess. Meanwhile, food calls.

Meanwhile, food calls.

I refer the right honourable gentleman to his earlier response;

"Feed and water? It's only 24hrs chaps, you can survive for that long without stopping. No retreat, no surrender!"

• Like 1

I refer the right honourable gentleman to his earlier response;

"Feed and water? It's only 24hrs chaps, you can survive for that long without stopping. No retreat, no surrender!"

Indeed Cliff. Hoist by my own petard.

• Like 1

Life's too short to deal with this sort of thing in the name of fun. It's all back in the box and may actually be the first kit I ever chuck out. Not that it's that bad, I just have other things that are more fun/important to do.

Ironically, I was going to do an Italeri Predator as a second build. Should've made that my first choice, however no time now, I'm off to work.