1/72 Revell Me P.1101 Nightfighter

The punch set is from UMM, very nice too and don't hold back on getting one. A very useful addition to the modelling arsenal. Apologies to UMM if I made it look bad. It's actually a very good tool. I know you like your tools (quite right too), the punch set is "Suder Tools ST 004". It goes from 4.2 to 7.2mm. HTH.

• Like 1

It is great to see you back Nigel. Your build threads are always  a learning experience. :).

The DF  loop made from photo etch is an incredible bit of micro modelling. 

I also like like how you have used the punch set to create masks for wheel

hubs; I've been scratching my bonce for years trying to figure out how to do that!

Punch set on the list!

Very smart aerials too, much better profile than the photo etch a/m ones that are available for eg Me 110. The 0.2mm rod just looks 'right'.

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Today I freed the radar antennas from their Blu Tack bondage:

P1140250_zpsjvni4trk.jpg

I used a bit of finger pressure to tweak the alignment and angles of the uprights which was partially successful.

Next I applied some Mr Metal Primer to the metal parts followed by grey primer and then RLM 76 on most of this lot and semi gloss black on the main wheel hubs. I have also hand painted the tyre on the nose wheel:

P1140251_zps7o42pl3i.jpg

The tail plane broke off a while back and can stay off now until much later in the build. I  have not painted the underside of the wings or tail as they are black as per this scheme:

P1140252_zpsqkyikjar.jpg

I'm not sure when the next update will be, maybe in a couple of month's time.

Until then, bye,

Nigel

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

I'm not sure when the next update will be, maybe in a couple of month's time.

Until then, bye,

Nigel

Hi Nigel

That seems like a long sentence for a first offence, can't you plea bargain for a shorter stint?

cheers Pat

• Like 3

Can we wait for two months for our next fix?..................:crying: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Looking good!

Christian, exiled to africa

• Like 1

Just caught back up with this build. Still the master of all things teeny and metal!  It amazes me how you make it look so easy and like it is 1/24 scale. Glad you found something to take to work on. I've seen in person how much and how well a build you can accomplish on the road. 

By the way, you would be proud of me. I prepared fish and chips on Sunday. The only Texas variation stemmed from the fish were caught by Michal and came from the pond out back in the cattle pasture. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Back in Aberdeen and a host of domestic duties performed I have managed to get a bit more done on this today. On inspecting the RLM 76 I realised I had missed the tail off. I gave all the blue a light sanding all over, mainly to remove tiny bits of dirt and then applied more light blue to the tail. I also got some RLM 02 of the tips of the missiles:

P1140477_zpspymmlhp1.jpg

I also unmasked the main wheels and applied red dots near the tyre valves:

P1140478_zpslv77ierl.jpg

I can't do much more today as the next job is masking for the upper camouflage. I'll let the RLM 76 harden up over night and start on that task in the morning.

My brother keeps geese and have started laying. I collected this on my last visit, here compared to a hens egg:

P1140444_zpsnmdpw7ks.jpg

They were very tasty served with some home made chips:

P1140445_zpsxafc1w5d.jpg

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 10

It's great to see you back on this one Nigel :).

I hope it's good to be back.

The camoflauge will look stunning. Nice touch with the wheel valve markings.

The yolks on those eggs are absolutely huge!! In fact the eggs are huge!

Yum :eat:!

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

I started masking round the wings and one thing lead to another and I soon got all the masking complete (I decided that the fresh paint on the fin was now dry enough). These were all then ready for an application of RML 75:

P1140479_zpsyezbmmej.jpg

That was then applied in short order:

P1140480_zpstilnwcwk.jpg

Now that can harden up overnight and I should be able to finish the scheme tomorrow.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 6

A delicious read catching up with this little beauty Nigel.:thumbsup2:

It looks like some metal rod is going on my shopping list now after seeing the results you've achieved hefe , as I've some RDF antennae to knock up for the nose of the Boxcar later on.

Lovely work as always.

Tony

• Like 1

The instrument decals are from Mike Grant, one of the most useful products for modellers out there IMHO. I have used them on numerous builds (starting with my Rotodyne).

Also good for fire extinguisher labels:

P1090136_zpse9001e84.jpg

P1090143_zps995d540c.jpg

P1110129_zpsnbmyuyq3.jpg

They need sealing with a coat of liquid decal film before first use.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Nigel Heath said:

The instrument decals are from Mike Grant, one of the most useful products for modellers out there IMHO. I have used them on numerous builds (starting with my Rotodyne).

Also good for fire extinguisher labels:

They need sealing with a coat of liquid decal film before first use.

thank you very much, nigel

Nice to see you back on this Nigel. 

Missed the regular updates, so had a bit of catching up to do.

I see in the picture you used your punch set, to cut masking discs for the wheels, may I ask, how did you get the tape underneath the clear guide cover?

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more. 

Matt

• Like 1