1/72 Flashback Sopwith Strutter

Brilliant modelling. I give up, I'm off to get my knitting!!!

Just to add some salt to the wounds - our little mate Brad does all this without the use of any optical magnification!!

I might join you in the knitting stakes - can't do much worse than my modelling.

There are times when I'd rather explain to my wife what this "Ashley Madison" account is all about - rather than show Brad my works in progress!

Cheers... Dave (who by the way does not have an account with the above establsihment).

Edited by Rabbit Leader

Ooh, now! I do like that - magnificent work. Delicacy in the extreme in the painting alone - never mind that rigging!

Nice one!

ATB
Rick

That is incredible, the rigging is absolutely exquisite. This could easily have passed for 1/48 or 1/32 but when I saw that Humbrol tin....wow!!

Eng

Thanks again folks :)

Paulo - the rigging material is fine elastic, from the core of a product called "knitting in elastic" - this product is essentially a roll of cotton thread wound around an elastic core. Remove the cotton, colour the core with a black felt tip pen, and apply with superglue. It's stretchy too so it won't go slack. The down side is that it provides no additional structural strength to the model, unlike stretched sprue, wire or monofilament, so whilst it doesn't go slack, the model is still a bit fragile.

Thanks!

BC