Boeing P-26A Peashooter, War Games Camo`,

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don`t mind if I share some photo`s of my latest effort:

SAM_8998_zpslmjhzfsy.jpg

My attempt at Academy`s/Hobbycrafts 1/48th scale Peashooter

SAM_9001_zpsxizjsqo7.jpg

Which I`ve completed as an aircraft of USAAC, 34th PS/17th PG and representing one as it may have looked in.....

SAM_9012_zpsnzdcfpki.jpg

the temporary, experimental camouflage scheme worn during War Games that took place during the late 1930s

SAM_9003_zpsc86orj7b.jpg

Built OOB with just seat belts and rigging added....

SAM_9005_zpsld5pwrzv.jpg

Rigging is done with Copper wire from a flex and the aerial wire is invisible mending thread

SAM_9006_zpsjmw0oyqn.jpg

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 43

Wow that looks wonderful Russ and a camo that I have never seen before too,....so I`ve learnt something too! I really like it mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Very nice Russ!! :Tasty::thumbsup:

I've always liked the look of the P-26 'Peashooter', a very quirky design but quite pleasing on the eye nonetheless. I prefer the more common blue/yellow scheme though it's great to see something different with your 'War Games' camouflage scheme, which has been well executed, and I commend you for it.

Very well done!! :coolio:

Kev

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 1

Looks great Russ, I recall seeing one fly at Duxford a few years ago - I wouldn't fancy going to war in one! It's a P-26 though isn't it?

Cheers ForestFan, Title amended, thanks, I just checked the keyboard and the 8 and 6 are where they`re supposed to be? :banghead:

• Like 1

Nice P-26 Russ looks great and in a different scheme from the norm.

:goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1

Very nicely done! It's not often you see the War Games camouflage, and you've captured the look nicely. I have half a mind to do a Brewster Buffalo in the temporary splinter scheme. One of these days...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Hello,Russ c - My full compliments as always on another beautifully built,finished and displayed subject.The 'Peashooter' is a charismatic aircraft and your build looks superb in her interesting scheme. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Nearly missed this little cracker!

Extremely well built and finished model Peashooter. Great to see an unusual marking scheme as well.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1