Scratch Built Sopwith Camel—8 Year Old Boy Scale!

I don't really build much at all these days, but this was done for Book Week here in South Australia. My eight year old and I have been reading "Biggles In France" and he wanted this as a costume. Completely over the top I know. It didn't take long and it's only cardboard!

IMG_4141_zpsnjkodchk.jpg

IMG_4140_zpsuwyuab5m.jpg

IMG_4139_zpsybplethv.jpg

Enjoy

Steve

• Like 44

Absolutely wonderful! Well done.

That has made me smile this day.

Now are you going to make a certain red Fokker Triplane as well???

Christian, exiled to africa

Thanks everyone for the enthusiastic comments.

Well Christian, my four year old daughter is very excited about the Camel so I suppose a certain red Fokker Triplane is not out of the question. I just have to get some more cardboard!

Steve

• Like 1

Well being South Australian myself I can only say that's magnificent!

I can't believe it's card board.........I've made less convincing aircraft from supposedly more refined raw materials LOL!!!!

Cheers

Bruce

Ah.. Book Week, so many young Harry Potters with their wands and capes and not enough of the good old stuff - like war toys and guns!!

That looks absolutely amazing. I once made a full on Donkey out of cardboard for my son who played one in some Nativity play, but this little baby takes the cake.

I dare say however, I suspect none of his mates will know who Biggles is, let alone 90% of the teaching staff.

Keep the master and take out a patent - I reckon you could sell these!

Cheers (and I hope your son has a great day).. Dave.

I have two daughters - Alexandra and Michelle - and for a local village fete I made them two costumes - mainly out of cardboard.

For Alex, I made a fireplace - complete with her face as a clock on the mantlepiece - and some coals in the grate below.

She was 'Alexandra the Grate' - I know............. groans all round!

For Michelle I made a silver foil bell structure that she stood inside - 'Michelle Ma Belle'

Everyone got the jokes - except the local vicar who was judging - they went totally over his head !!!

We still laugh about it now that they are grown up with kids of their own.

Excellent Camel BTW - your son must be chuffed to bits having such an imaginative and artistic dad!

Ken

That is fantastic Steve, I bet your son was completely 'over the moon' with his costume and his schoolmates equally jealous, very well done!! :Tasty::coolio:

Could I have a Lockheed F-104G Starfighter .... covered in real aluminium kitchen foil for the Natural Metal Finish please?!

Kev :)

Edited by Mr Modeller

What a great job Steve, it's good to see some father / son interaction in this modern time in which we live. It just shows that we South Australians not only lead the world in Submarine building (Joke) but are also the Kings of Cardboard Camel Costume Construction. Keep up the reading sessions.

Well Done, Trev.

Best dad award right there! I hope you look very smug when you pick him up.... A bit of a 'oh that's what you made is it?' Look at the other might be worth a try!

Next book day in the uk I will give you a call to post a flat pack gladiator from roald dahls time in North Africa!

Rob