F-8J Crusader

Good afternoon from a cold and damp Middle Earth.

Well here t'is after eight months on-and-off the bench, my Hasegawa 1:48 Crusader. Now before I go-on, as I was editing the pics for size, I noticed that I've forgotten to add the IR Sensor on the front windscreen but I know where it is and I'll sort-it next time I'm in the 'cave' !!

What can I tell you ?, well construction was no problem throughout although on this kit, some of the detail particularly around the dive-brake area was almost none-existant which I'm guessing points to over-use of the moulds. A few extras but not too many, the build is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993482-f-8j-crusader/ if anybody wants to check-it-out.

Some folks here may know or have heard of Frank Cronin from California, just want to publicly thank Frank for sending me the decals for this build without hesitation when I put out a cry-for-help over at iModeller... Cheers Frank, really appreciate it.

That's all the yada, yada, yada for now, here's some photos:

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48

Paint - All Tamiya, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels.

Decals - Aeromaster, Microscale stencils, Furball 'Canopy seals'

Extras - Cobra Co. resin seat, Quickboost aft intakes, AIM-9D's from Hasegawa Weapons Set 'C'.

LTV F-8J Crusader

Assigned to Cdr. Paul Stephenson

CAG CVW-21

VF-211 'Checkmates'

USS Hancock 1972

a_zpsffqdupt4.jpg

b_zpsill1ebiy.jpg

c_zps6ndjd1dv.jpg

d_zpshcxf9hyj.jpg

e_zpsh6liv2vt.jpg

f_zpsweqtdait.jpg

h_zps2lylapeh.jpg

i_zpsfgktrlbj.jpg

j_zpsobgi2q2d.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, as ever happy to take any criticisms, comments or questions.

AFN.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 29