F-86F 435th FBS 1952

I got this little beauty at Tyneside Model show from those nice chaps at MJW and though it has been a bit of a cinderella whilst I concentrated on family matters and holidays,a few days at home got me to this.

435th%201_zpsuwdue3jr.jpg

I did her straight from the box and if I had my time again I think I would have got some replacement wheels as the Hasegawa ones are split vertically and are a fiddly job to fill and sand.

345th%204_zpspiotsyen.jpg

The finish is a mix of Halfords, Humbrol and Tamiya rattle cans.

345th%203_zpsl8c7ksxy.jpg

She is basking in the South Yorkshire sunshine

435th%202_zpsswftlfqv.jpg

Thank you for looking

• Like 20

Thank you all for the kind comments. I was going to do one of the yellow striped options on the kit decal sheet but Spencer Pollard posted on here and said those markings were for an E model not a hard winged F as in the kit. I checked up and was right, so thanks to him I didn't do a duff scheme.

ijs302, with the exception of the interior of the cockpit and the tyres it is all from rattle cans: Halfords grey undercoat, polished back with fine sanding pads, then four different metallic sprays and the red is an Audi red from Halfords.

Hello,Silver Fox - My full compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of the 'Sabre'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.Great mastery of the rattle can indeed! Fine modelling indeed. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1