Spitfire VIII Eduard 'Hava-Go Jo' 1/48

Hi all,

here are a few pictures of one of the kits I completed this year. It is the Eduard Spit VIII kit finished as the well-known 'Hava-Go Jo' from RAAF 79 squadron. I used a Barracudacals decal sheet for the kit markings.

I used the Eduard 1/48 scale kit, which is a beauty, and a Barracudacals decal sheet for the markings.

The build went without problems, I added a few details with plastic card and fuse wire in the cockpit, although it is not really necessary.

P1040229_zpsmgaowmai.jpg

P1040232_zpsiwnm9uvk.jpg

P1040288_zpsgghaj1er.jpg

P1040289_zpspwjktv8c.jpg

The painting was done with a Sparmax airbrush and Tamiya and Gunze acrylics. The chips on the wing leading edges and on the tail were done with AK interactive Heavy chipping fluid.
The weathering is done with Mig Ammo Panel line washes, some inks applied with airbrush and pigments.

P1040422_zpsactur2hg.jpg

P1040426_zpsog5uhrvc.jpg

P1040431_zpsoacrkugz.jpg

P1040435_zpshda4q5xh.jpg

P1040434_zpsbm7us5tj.jpg

P1040436_zpssezoddzq.jpg

Here are a few more pics taken on a diorama base I had done before for another Spit (an ICM Spit VIII this time).

P1040438_zpsizezwpww.jpg

P1040441_zpsdl3lv5zf.jpg

P1040440_zpsrijjhc4p.jpg

have a good day, I hope you will like it,

Christian.

Edited by cger
  • Like 52

Absolutely fantastic! That is an awesome paint job and to my eyes, looks very convincing. I think it's difficult to pull off a heavily worn finish without it looking like a caricature but you have done it.

A faultless rendition of a Classic RAAF Spitfire.

Every detail of the aircraft is captured centimetre perfect and then you've mounted it on a lovely base with realistic figures - just wow!!

This is modelling at its very best..

Congratulations.. Dave

• Like 1

• 2 months later...