Hobbyboss,Mustang III,PR D-Day.

stevej60

Hi folks,My entry is the Easy-kit boxing of the Mustang III,I have the extra decal sheet with markings for a PR version in blue

with ID stripes on the fuselage.The kit should arrive mid week.Although a bit toy like most of the range builds up into a decent

enough replica of the respective type and actual construction ready for paint can take only minutes,at £3;99 I'm not going to

complain about the kit's shortfall's certainly not the best but equally not the worst. I am restricted to maybe two hours on

Saturday and Sunday and a little time Monday morning due to work but hope to finish I,ll use my mobiles clock in any photo's.

A review of said kit.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/march/first-looks/hobbyboss_p51c.php

• Like 4

Thanks Stix,I have a soft spot for these Hobbyboss kit,s as I mentioned in chat we were out for lunch yesterday and I picked up their Spitfire Vb

for £2 and it was ready for paint in less than ten minutes,with a left over set of glazing from an old Italeri kit it should turn out a decent little build.

• Like 1

Morning all,kit arrived yesterday and a peruse of the sprue's reveal a nice little model could be made from this one,the only let down are the

too shallow wheel well's(not the only manufacturer to fall down in this area) and the possible fit of the canopy which I won,t know about till the

build begins as I'm touching nothing till then.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Well it certainly looks good in the box. :thumbsup:

For £3:99 Stix you can't complain,nicely molded and some lovely panel lines,the knack with these kit's is to cut out the "snap fit" pips and rely on

glue I find you get a better fit that way.

• Like 1