Bf.109G-6 Decals (BFC014) & Royal Class Decals (BFC015) Bunny Club Exclusives

Mike

Bf.109G-6 Decals (BFC014) & Royal Class Decals (BFC015) Bunny Club Exclusives
1:48 Eduard - Bunny Club Members Only

boxtop.jpg

If you're a member of Eduard's Bunny Club, you'll be able to pick up a set of these decals once you're logged into Eduard's website. They are Bunny Club Exclusives, so you can't buy them if you're not a member, and instead of an "Add to Cart" button, you will see a little green square. With that cleared up, here's what you get.

Bf.109G-6 Decals (BFC014)
This set arrives in a ziplok bag with a white card protector, a set of decals for five different aircraft, plus another sheet of stencils to complete the pack. The cover page contains profiles of the individual aircraft, and you are advised to get full instructions from Eduard's website, but the QR code doesn't seem to work. You can find them here though, so fret not.

bfc-014.jpg

bfc014.jpg

The main sheet is printed by Cartograf, which is a guarantee of good registration, sharpness and colour density, with a thin matt carrier film cut close to the printed areas. The stencils are printed in the Czech Republic and are of good quality, as you'd expect. From the sheet you can depict one of the following unless you purchase more stencil sets here, or already have them in your existing boxes:
  • W.Nr. 27169, Flown by Fw. Heinrich Bartels, 11./JG 27, Kalamaki Airfield, November, 1943
  • W.Nr. 440141, Flown by Oblt. Wilhelm Schilling, CO of 9./JG 54, Ludwigslust Air Base, February, 1944
  • W.Nr. 18807, Flown by Ofw. Alfred Surau, 9./JG 3, Bad Wörishofen, September, 1943
  • Flown by Oblt. Alfred Grislawski, CO of 1./JGr.50, Wiesbaden – Erbenheim Air Base, September, 1943
  • Flown by Maj. Ludwig Franzisket, CO of I./JG 27, Early 1944
The final page of the electronic instructions covers the stencil locations and any variation therein, making placement easier due to the lack of clutter from the national, unit and personal markings.

stencils.jpg

bin.jpg

Bf.109G Royal Decals (BFC015)
Arriving in a re-sealable clear foil bag, this monster of a sheet carries markings for 16 airframes from numerous areas of operation, and even nationalities on a single A4+ sheet, plus a set of stencils for good measure. The cover page contains profiles of the individual aircraft, and you are advised to get full instructions from Eduard's website, but the QR code again doesn't seem to work. You can find them here though.

bfc-015.jpg

bfc015.jpg

The main sheet is printed by Cartograf, which is a guarantee of good registration, sharpness and colour density, with a thin matt carrier film cut close to the printed areas. The stencils are printed in the Czech Republic and are of good quality, as you'd expect. From the sheet you can depict one of the following unless you purchase more stencil sets here, or already have them in your existing boxes:
  • Bf 109G-2, flown by Maj. Hannes Trautloft, CO of JG 54, Eastern Front, summer, 1942
  • Bf 109G-2 trop, Flown by Oblt. Werner Schroer, CO of 8./JG 27, Rhodes, early November, 1942
  • Bf 109G-2 trop, Flown by Maj. Heinz Bär, CO of I./JG 77, Comiso airfield, Italy, September, 1942
  • Bf 109G-2 trop, W.Nr. 10 501, Stab/JG 77, Bir el Abd airfield, North Africa, early November, 1942
  • Bf 109G-4, W.Nr. 19 257, Flown by Fw. Viktor Petermann, 5./JG 52, South Part of the Eastern Front, June, 1943
  • Bf 109G-4, W.Nr. 19 347, Flown by Fw. Jan Reznak, 13. (Slowaken)/JG 52, Anapa airfield, Soviet Union, April / May, 1943
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 20 499, Flown by Lt. Erich Hartmann, CO of 9./JG 52, Nove Zaporozhye, October, 1943
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 15 909, Flown by Hptm. Gerhard Barkhorn, CO of II./JG 52, Eastern Front, September, 1943
  • Bf 109G-6, Flown by Oblt. Kurt Gabler, 8./JG 300, Jüterbog – Waldlager Air Base, Germany, July, 1944
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 163162, 2a Squadriglia, 2o Gruppo Caccia, Verona-Villafranca airfield, Italy, October, 1944
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 165267, 1/HleLv 34, Taipalsaari airfield, July, 1944
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 95 417, Flown by Lt. Pál Bélavári, 101/3. vadászszázad, Veszprém Air Base, Hungary, August, 1944
  • Bf 109G-6, Flown by Lt. Baciu Dumitru, Grupul 1 Vân?natoare, early May, 1945
  • Bf 109G-6, W.Nr. 163815, Fliegerkompagnie 7, Flugwaffe, Interlaken Air Base, June, 1945
  • Bf 109G-14, W.Nr. 464534, 19./EJG 2, Pilsen airfield, May, 1945
  • Bf 109G-14, W.Nr. 781308, Flown by Lt. Hans-Helmut Linck, 10./JG 4, Alteno airfield, Germany, September 11, 1944

stencils.jpg

Again, the stencil placement is detailed on a separate page for clarity.

bin.jpg

Conclusion
Two useful sets of additional markings that will be very useful to the dedicated 109G modeller with a Bunny Fighter Club membership. Although only one set of stencils are included with each one, it's as a courtesy, as chances are you'll already have some with the kit you intend to use the decals on.

As an aside, these decals were originally developed for the older run of kits (8260 range) that had some shape issues, although it's unlikely to have much of an effect on their use with the new kits such as the early G-6 I reviewed recently here.

If you're interested in joining the Bunny Fighter Club, here is a link.

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

Yep... another boo-boo! :doh: Sorry - I'm not entirely with it lately... bear with me :rolleyes: There, fixed. I'd "taped over" 14 with another image of 15. In my defence I was being hassled by the little lad telling me about what Mike Brewer was up to in Afghanistan, and which bit of kit he was playing with this episode. :wacko:

• Like 1