1/72 C-130 T-56 engines (Flightpath UK or Engines & Things)

ReccePhreak

On 04/10/2016 at 2:34 PM, tonywood said:

I built an Esci AC-130H a few years ago, if i remember correctly the nose section didn't look right.

I don't know - I'm happy enough with mine and I maintained them for nine years...

file.php?id=10386file.php?id=10387file.php?id=10388

I did do a few mods and added Eduard photoetch but nothing too drastic. My C-130H and C-130J-30 will be Italeri, though. Mostly because of the availability and I've got replacement sponsons, props and engines for them (yes, I know I missed the outlets on the top rear of the engines on this one!).

Edited by Bell209

The Hercules has one of those fascinating nose sections that deserves a little extra effort. I think Airfix got closest to it but thats an old kit with its own demons. As I have said before on this site, if the cockpit glazing isn't right  then it can spoil the whole effect. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Britman said:

The Hercules has one of those fascinating nose sections that deserves a little extra effort. I think Airfix got closest to it but thats an old kit with its own demons. As I have said before on this site, if the cockpit glazing isn't right  then it can spoil the whole effect. 

I go along with the glazing comment - the Esci one ends up with too much framing but will do for me. It'll be interesting to put the ESCI C-130E against the Italeri C-130H (which will be finished in the RAAF three-colour wrap-around scheme which most of them had when I did my flight engineer training) when I get around to doing it.