Egg Plane Harrier (gf's first model)

What better way to get your girlfriend into modelling than.... an EGG PLANE! :heart:

There is quite a shortage of British aircraft in the Egg Plane series, would have probably wanted to do a Spitfire. Fortunately the AV-8 Harrier has markings for a RAF GR.1

Must say, it looks hilarious once finished. These are funny little kits and quite easy to make.

She built and painted pretty much all of it. The fuselage was airbrushed and some of the smaller pieces like the intakes and the rocket launchers were brush painted. She also did the decals. My only major contribution was masking of the canopy and for the camouflage pattern (with blu tack), and I did some minor paint and decal touch ups.

She seemed to enjoy the airbrushing and probably did a better job at it on her first attempt than I did on mine years ago. :D

Enjoy!

IMG_20160820_130532.jpg

IMG_20160820_130506.jpg

IMG_20160820_130451.jpg

IMG_20160820_130440.jpg

Edited by Phantome
  • Like 8

Ok it's an egg plane. But! But! you have got your gf into the Hobby! Wish my wife and I had common interests (if you are reading this wifey I love you!) So what next? May I suggest a Dh2 or Fe2b from WNW!