CT-133A Silver Star, Great Wall Hobby, 1:48

Hi all,

here my latest model: GWH`s T-33 (here as a Canadian CT-133 Silver Star) in 1:48. Nice kit I built OOB, just used the Canadian Belcher Bits Decals for the markings and some RBF tags by Eduard. The two helmets are out of the DACO F-104 improvement set. Hope you like my small walk around with some more pics.

NYC1y4ZZld.jpg

dek7thxIUk.jpg

04XlxjhmtN.jpg

V0SvjD6SKB.jpg

7rBmsfW6IV.jpg

UJFDkogv4j.jpg

bzeXTZ4wmE.jpg

rjmoc0rjvd.jpg

Y0YfYlDaov.jpg

AZCxHBu6Vy.jpg

b1nvotzWtD.jpg

5jyLBE7Pac.jpg

yJUntnr01W.jpg

QmLdc5YO5g.jpg

yKM6rRKCnZ.jpg

vmW0uaTzed.jpg

I8TbSMnj7T.jpg

1CFAja3CP5.jpg

M39NsuQ0HP.jpg

MTb8cokUc7.jpg

HTsFvhwRHo.jpg

9jiE9dLM9x.jpg

JkaJlT4tcq.jpg

MJvcP7gYn8.jpg

DD1yRxgYsF.jpg

UB2AKsZeSf.jpg

40kump6cfl.jpg

VaxkTcgSxn.jpg

• Like 33

Great looking T-Bird!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, It was my understanding that a Canadair T-33 couldn't be made out of GWH's initial kit.

ANS

The one feature I can think of that will make it a Ct-133 is an aft facing vent on the rear fuselage just aft of the fuselage break turbine line near the top. I think a couple of other vents or scoops in the nose area too. Otherwise not much else that is externally visible that I know of.

Otherwise the build above is superb!!

Great looking T-33. I'm just starting the paint on my GWH T-33A wich will represent the South Carolina ANG painted with Alvlad Polished Aluminum. I found the detail on this kit to be outstanding and the fit was amazing..

AWSOME build!!

Dave

Beautiful work and very convincing weathering !!

Great looking T-Bird!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, It was my understanding that a Canadair T-33 couldn't be made out of GWH's initial kit.

ANS

It can't OOB, but it's close enough for some folks.

The one feature I can think of that will make it a Ct-133 is an aft facing vent on the rear fuselage just aft of the fuselage break turbine line near the top. I think a couple of other vents or scoops in the nose area too. Otherwise not much else that is externally visible that I know of.

Otherwise the build above is superb!!

Also, CT-133s after 62-63 had a NACA scoop and a proud rear facing vent in the nose doors. Other visible differences are wheels, and ejection seat headboxes,

Those nav lights on the tip tanks are fiction as are the actuators for the landing gear doors.

Absolutely superb build and finish, looks like the real thing, excellent background and photography to.

I must admit I thought the CT-133 had a flat tailplane, there seems to be a bit of dihedral with the kit?

All T-33 types had flat horizontal stabs. Could be a construction error.

Anyway, good job Mattias

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Tony Edmundson