1/32 Macchi C.205 update ### Finished 27-9-2016 ###

The panel lines are in and I hope to finish this one this weekend.

The down side of this model are mainly the wheels. They are way to small for the model. I have tried to modify some wheels out of the sparebox, but they are to wide and I have already sanded them down, but they still don't fit. So I will have to see if I keep the original ones or the modified. We will see.

To thin the wheel forks is a option as well, but we will see. I wish I had done this before everything was glued to the wing.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

For my other 21st Century kits I have purchased some resin wheels from SEM Models http://www.semmodel.altervista.org/en/upgrade_en.html,

I also bought some G50 wheels from Czech Master that would do at a push http://www.semmodel.altervista.org/en/upgrade_en.html

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Guys,

I have finally finished her. I had in the end some trouble with the wheels. I have swapped them with some out of the spare box. They were thinned a bit , but wouldn't fit. So in the end I had to saw of one leg of the wheel fork and put a spacer in. Here Are some pictures of that.

These are the wheels left the new one and right the one from the kit. It almost looks like that the wheel from the kit is in 1/48 scale.

IMG_3579_zpszvjlad1k.jpg

Here are two pictues after the wheel fork was mated again with the spacer in between. I wished I had done this before I put the landing gear in the first time. That would have made it a lot easier to saw it of etc.

IMG_3582_zpsar4bfdkv.jpg

IMG_3581_zps2a3udice.jpg

And finally some pictures of the finished model. She looks quite good to be ohnest.

IMG_3583_zpsysyed9fl.jpg

IMG_3585_zpsjrx9opaz.jpg

IMG_3587_zpssirbghwp.jpg

IMG_3588_zpsuqnibfuc.jpg

IMG_3592_zpsxj4awz2w.jpg

IMG_3594_zpsoqhuhb1c.jpg

IMG_3595_zps23bswzfu.jpg

The rest of the pictures will go in the gallery.

Cheers,

• Like 12

I just noticed that I still need to place inside wheel doors. :doh:

I will do these later together with some weathering in the wheelbays. 

Now I know why it went so swiftly. I must have been :sleeping: this morning.

Cheers,

Well done Arnold, she looks amazing!!  I do like that colour scheme.

It's a perfect example of what someone can do with one of theses so called "simple" kits. If i had the space I'd definitely be getting a few of them myself!

• Like 1

Congratulations Arnold, beautifully finished aircraft.

I bought a stalled part built one of these some time ago off BM for my son Dylan, I might dig it out and see if it will qualify for this GB, he's 10 years old so no pressure on the rest of us eh !

Cheers Pat

• 2 weeks later...