Rounds Complete on the MTO GB.

This is my entry Dragons Sexton with a crew an limber from Bronco, I've found a few photos of Sextons in Italy I'm going to do it as an in action gun. My initial thoughts were to have it going over a Bailey bridge, that was spanning an old Italian bridge that couldn't take the weight. But I couldn't think why the number 1, wouldn't have pulled of the bridge to carry out his fire mission.

dfa76956e5ca994e2920bf37610f269c_zps7mmr

Here is a few photos of a Dragon priest I built a while ago, I used the dragon British infantry sets and moved the arms about.

2a38af1f9d5a83c27310b8dfa2c5c51f_zps8mpa

00bafea0a0c3c105cfe7aa82a88c7c08_zps8ypj

• Like 8

Really looking forward to your build Ozzy. I am going to have to have a go at a 1/35 Dragon AFV kit at some point!!

:popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks Stix,

As an Artillery man it would be rude not to have a go at one of these, this is the last big kit left in my stash hopefully the bronco figures will all fit in the crew compartment? Dragon have plenty to choose from, I'm thinking that I must get around to building a 1/48 kit at some point.

• Like 1

Sounds good -I'll stay tuned

My initial thoughts were to have it going over a Bailey bridge, that was spanning an old Italian bridge that couldn't take the weight. But I couldn't think why the number 1, wouldn't have pulled of the bridge to carry out his fire mission.

What if you set him not on but next to the bridge?

Or on a destroyed arc of a bridge so he gets a higher level of elevation?

Edited by Levin
  • Like 1

here is your target

y 179936

please fire at your convenience

Look forward to seeing this come together

Alistair

Thanks Alistar,

I'm liking your fire control.

If you do decide to have a go at a 1/48 armour kit at some point try a Tamiya one - the ones I have made have been a real joy.

The Tamiya kit do look nice.

Sounds good -I'll stay tunedWhat if you set him not on but next to the bridge?

Or on a destroyed arc of a bridge so he gets a higher level of elevation?

Thanks Levin,

I may still get the bridge in somewhere or at least a part of it.

• Like 1

My first building post of this GB, I've started with the limber as it was on top of the pile. However I had to look on the Internet to find the instructions, as the originals have disappeared. I built the dragon 25pdr a few years ago and I've got to say the bronco kit is more detailed, inside you can build the individual ammo racks where as the dragon kit. only allows for 1 ammo rack to be built and the rest are pre moulded, the outside also is more detailed where dragon would give one part. Bronco give you a sub system to build a little fiddly but satisfying nice, as you can see it builds into a nice little kit.

7dc5ffa2ce742b20f7879fe4911ca2f9_zps9okk

dd0076e06d8c2b359eb5d6f2cb09a49b_zpsgrmi

• Like 4

Great start Ozzy and it does look like a very nice kit. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix,

I thought I'd start as I've finished my dio in the Eastern front GB, still thinking on how to display it all.

• Like 1

Looks like along with Davey your keeping your feet on the ground for this G/B . I lookforward to seeing your diorama coe together .

Alistair

Thanks Alistar,

Back in my comfort zone after my yearly aircraft build, it should be good just need to figure out the compasition. I've got somthing in mind, I just need to measure it out and buy some oasis.

Bit of an update I've built my bailey bridge, I made the most of the good weather and did some outside modelling.

This is a subsection that was recreated another 3 times.

899642ed37ebcc5cabcaeda3e23eccff_zpsffqr

The bridge section, the kit comes with 3 of these sections. I've used the other 2 on a different project that I have yet to finish, I will get around to finishing one day.

645d61e82fc1d86945575cf482d7bb3d_zpsxnpi

776914ad28625c000732257c1f35d3db_zpseqkv

• Like 4

That certainly looks to make up into a very impressive bridge. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix,

Yeah perseverance definitely pays off.

The Limber does look good in its own right.

Gonna look impressive with that Bailey Bridge :goodjob:

Davey

Thanks Davey,

The limber is a really nice little kit, I've worked the compasition for my dio now I've built the section of the Bailey bridge. The sexton will be on the bridge just to get it all on the A 4 size base.

• Like 1

Looks good Ozzy,

My grandfather was a draughtsman, and I'm given to believe that he had a small part in the production of these bridges

Thanks Robert Stuart,

That's a nice bit of family history, as the design has definitely stood the test of time and there still used today. I've seen active bridges in various areas of the world I've been, it gave a bit of over watch as the Royal Engineers built one in Gereshk to allow people to cross the river through the town.

• Like 1

Just a small update, started on the Sexton today I concentrated on the hull with the transmission and the rear. It all went together nicely and without, any sanding to get the parts to fit.

.08d29b3d5ee68493b6c47f2648a4f025_zpsvjvh

07e22b2f73bc27f46a1ee6eb79f82420_zpshkcu

• Like 3

Just a small update, I've built the main gun to see how I can position everybody in the fighting compartment, six crew members on the Gun I need to do a little sanding to get the layer in position. It's amazing what you find in draws, I found a pack of hornet heads with rimless helmets and I think the others are resicast ones.

bcebad464df052e3e3923c782b103f68_zpsjnee

f4d89fce8fb01457b24234d619521e2f_zpsjata

• Like 2

Looking great Ozzy. Have a couple of old armour kits in the stash and you are giving me inspiration.

Thanks Dave, I'm glad to have been of assistance.

Lovely progress Ozzy on what does look like an excellent kit! :goodjob:

Thanks Stix, it's going together really well and seems to more detailed than the priest in some areas within the fighting compartment and other parts.

• Like 1

I've been concentrating on the Interior getting ready for painting, I've stuck the driver and layer in place so they will get a coat of bronze green before a coat of English uniform from Vallejo paints. It's mainly the tracks to fit next and just a tidy up of any seam lines, I've also got an A4 photo frame to mount it all on and 3 blocks of oasis. I've got about 400 bricks to build the collapsed bridge under the Bailey bridge.

0708f80bb5c9183915c116e0cab3b65b_zpshwxd

3fc8663f4699cbd29800275670d76cea_zpsryen

656796c869aff79f04ef90867095815e_zpsmohq

• Like 2