Hataka paint, brush marks

PhantomBigStu

I recommend lightly sanding the finish with one the finer grades of Micromesh (used wet). If nothing appears to be happening, try a slightly coarser grade. You should be able to remove the brush marks or, at least, reduce them so that a second (or third or, fourth) coat looks smooth. You may have to Micromesh between each coat. It's always worth painting from each coat from opposite directions too.

I usually wrap the micromesh around an old kitchen sponge because I'm too tight to buy sanding sponges.

Hope this helps.

I recommend lightly sanding the finish with one the finer grades of Micromesh (used wet). If nothing appears to be happening, try a slightly coarser grade. You should be able to remove the brush marks or, at least, reduce them so that a second (or third or, fourth) coat looks smooth. You may have to Micromesh between each coat. It's always worth painting from each coat from opposite directions too.

I usually wrap the micromesh around an old kitchen sponge because I'm too tight to buy sanding sponges.

Hope this helps.

I buy all my foam backed sanding sticks from Primark. Apparently some people use them on their nails...

J

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nope the other colours are all plane greys or greens,

anyway I stripped it down to the primer, sanded it and carefully started again trying to use as little paint as possible...brush marks still visible, looks like tis is a paint thats not hairy stick compatible...so I either will have to put the model away untill the far off day I ever get an airbrush...or see if a kind Bmer will like to take the model and paint off my hands to finish it......

hmm depressing couple of days, saturday finished on a high with my beuafighter and p40 finished....monday finished with this still being a problem, having to strip my phantom, and having to bin my vampire :(