F-15 Silent Eagle, 1/72

Woodstock74

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, riffraff said:

Has anyone done decals for a 1/72 Silent Eagle?

They look like they're quite easy to design yourself: it's just the black eagle logo on the nose, and circular badge and serial number on the tail. There are good photos of the eagle logo online, but I haven't found a good one of the badge on the tail.

Rob

11 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

They look like they're quite easy to design yourself: it's just the black eagle logo on the nose, and circular badge and serial number on the tail. There are good photos of the eagle logo online, but I haven't found a good one of the badge on the tail.

Rob

That type of thing is not my cup of tea. Replying on this forumis about the extent of my computer skills. 

Its unlikely that anybody has made any decals or will. Silent Eagle was really just a marketing piece for Boeing to try to derail the F-35 sale in Korea, kinda like the Advanced Super Hornet in Canada.  They made a splashy show of this super-duper F-15, which wasn't really going to happen unless someone was going to spend billions to do the EMD, which would negate their entire point that their offering was cheaper than the F-35 (which it never was). They offered a much more conventional F-15 for the actual competition, but tried some fiscal shenanigans (offloading the acquisition price on the operational costs) to get the program under a fiscal bar set by the Korean government's DAPA. It won, but then was overturned because of this because the program was significantly more expensive than the F-35 and much less capable. 

Edited by -Neu-
  • Like 2

• 6 years later...