1/48 Bronco Staghound Mk. I Pukeko NZ Divisional Calvary Regiment Italy 1944

I'm quite happy with the finish on the Staghound itself, but I'm not sure if the figure adds or detracts to the piece.

The figure is the Universal Carrier driver from the Tamiya 1/48 British Infantry set modified with a new beret and a bottle . He's scales out to about 1.6m (63 inches/ 5.2 ft) so he's a short bottom . But the photos do make it look worse because he's twice the size in the photos as he is in real life (34mm) and the Staghound is a quite a tall and large vehicle.

Staghound-21.jpg

Staghound-22.jpg

Staghound-23.jpg

Staghound-27.jpg

Staghound-29.jpg

Staghound-30.jpg

Staghound-31.jpg

Staghound-32.jpg

• Like 25

the vehicle is really good with that as compact and mottled appearance, very cool. :goodjob:
The figure IHMO I like least, and that is 1/48, very small, but I am hardly able to do something "decent" in this área :hanging: , but as discussed above mate, is just a personal opnion.

Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

Edited by FrancisGL

2c

Very Nice Staghound.

Ditch the figure or invest in one with a better sculpt contextually he makes no sense, sat on top of a turret with the hatches closed drinking wine have his oppos locked him out??

Also the watermarking / captioning is a little overbearing but that's probably just for me.

HTH

Plasto

That's a great looking Stag Hound, super weathering, I really like your tyres but I do think the wee booze artist lets the whole unit down somewhat, perhaps if he was more gainfully employed & not looking so woe begone. :)

Steve.

Thanks Gents. The figure is stuck on good so getting him unstuck would ruin the model. If there were decent affordable 1/48 Commonwealth figures I'd be all over them. Unfortunately they are few and far between.

Lovely work Callum. The chap really brings home the size of the Staghound, I stood next to one at Bovington a couple of years ago and was surprised how big it was, like a wheeled Sherman.

Affordable 1/48th figures would be great for all nations. It is a pity that the metal figures marketed by Parabellum are not more widely available. They have British tank crew in all modes of dress, but the website is rubbish and you can normally only get them at shows.

Lovely work Callum. The chap really brings home the size of the Staghound, I stood next to one at Bovington a couple of years ago and was surprised how big it was, like a wheeled Sherman.

Affordable 1/48th figures would be great for all nations. It is a pity that the metal figures marketed by Parabellum are not more widely available. They have British tank crew in all modes of dress, but the website is rubbish and you can normally only get them at shows.

Yeah, I tried the website, but I wasn't sue what the figures actually looked like so was reluctant to pull the trigger

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do like to see allied armour especially when it's done to a high standard like yours. British armour I think is getting a bit more popular. And it's nice to see more and more subjects being made available 

whats your next project?