Tugboats on tracks

All looking "ship shape?" Gremlin.

Those tracks look dainty though, no wonder they take time to build...

Simon.

All ship shape and Hamburg fashion in this case Simon, yes making progress. Friul tracks are mind numbing, expensive and repetitive. Once finished though they are the "Bees dangly bits" as far as tracks are concerned. Sag and fit is great due to the weight of the nasty little b*****s :coolio: Have used them several times before, just a case of applying the nose to the grindstone and making them fit :yikes:

• Like 2

Well I have had some time today and got cracking not as much as you know who :coolio:

I was about to ask some questions on the build one was the interior color so now I know thanks julian

second was are you putting any kind of backing into the hull for the squre holes/ vents on the hull side

Hi Keith, The build is a joy, fit is downright excellent so at the moment I seem to be the "High speed cheerleader". Painting has started up though so I think you and Andy will catch up shortly :winkgrin:

And your right about the fit well impressed this is the first HB kit I have build in this scale and must say it goes together very well

This the work so far all just dry fit for now

IMG_3180_zpsocyepqs6.jpg

And the holes was thinking of adding some kind of backing plates to the inside of the hull

IMG_3181_zpsiby9wcti.jpg

Beefy

• Like 5

Looking good there Keith, interior color? Well, instructions say insignia white but could just as well be German Elfenbein (Ivory). I have airbrushed the inside upper wheelhouse in white but I might use Elfenbein for the decks. Will check how that looks :winkgrin:

I won't be fitting backing plates because I didn't drill out all those holes (what are they? Flooding holes? Ventilation holes?) I run some black paint into them and dry brush the surroundings.

Glad you are having the same experience with the fit of the parts. It's really excellent :yahoo:

The window masks are just as excellent as well, ready cut and fit like a glove.

:bye:

• Like 1

Looking at various photos it seems that white (Elfthingy) is correct for the interior, but the usual hatches rule was still in play. :coolio:

The last photo on page 40 of the Tankograd article is interesting.....To me it looks like LWS 667 has been repainted (What colour do you reckon? :hmmm:), but the interior of the forward hatch still appears to be panzergrau. :rolleyes:

Those damned holes are giving me a headache.....Had to fill the area on both sides because of the blows, but restoring them is going to be a pain. My plan now that I've studied the pictures a bit more is to let a suitable etched part into the hull and blend it in at the edges with Milliput. Unfortunately a pair of such parts have not, as yet, presented themselves for duty. :confused:

• Like 1

Looking at the photos of the fender, were I modelling it in 1/35, I might consider glueing and then tightly rolling some sections cut from coarse-knit tights or similar around a fairly thick but flexible wire core (Coathanger? :shrug: ), then bind the materiel in place with strips of lead-foil. :nerd:

• Like 2

Hi Andy, I have some Russian bedspring screens left but they are 1/35th scale and certainly won't match the model holes.

The fender at this moment is a tube of 2 component sticky stuff. The plan is to cover it with gauze and stiffen it with diluted white glue. This means I can fill it up where needed.

:analintruder::coolio:

Rather brilliant I think :yahoo:

Hi Kev, of course there will be an interior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have ostrich leather seats all lined up for the crew and of coarse a walnut veneer dashboard , heck, this is a custom LSW :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Hi Kev, of course there will be an interior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have ostrich leather seats all lined up for the crew and of coarse a walnut veneer dashboard , heck, this is a custom LSW :winkgrin:

Not forgetting the cocktail cabinet too.

Simon.

• Like 2

Not forgetting the cocktail cabinet too.

Simon.

Exactly, a sort of a Land Rover SUV that floats :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

• Like 1

It's filling up with resin and putty dust quite fast isn't it! :shutup:

Loads more work to do on the hull.....I may have to scrape some of the detail off and replace it with plastic card in a couple of areas and the solution to the problem of the holes continues to evade me. :confused:

I've got a nasty feeling that you guys will have long finished your builds before I'm even ready to commence assembly.....Still the thread's open and they don't charge by the day, so I'll plod away in here until it's done. :rolleyes:

PS - It's 'Tanky-McBoatface' I'll have you know! :winkgrin:

PPS - On page 55 of the Panzer-Tracts article there is a picture of LWS 11.72 alongside the Faehrendecke team (which I believe places it firmly in the Ostfront), it's clearly painted in what can only be dunkelgelb. :nerd:

• Like 1

It's filling up with resin and putty dust quite fast isn't it! :shutup:

Loads more work to do on the hull.....I may have to scrape some of the detail off and replace it with plastic card in a couple of areas and the solution to the problem of the holes continues to evade me. :confused:

I've got a nasty feeling that you guys will have long finished your builds before I'm even ready to commence assembly.....Still the thread's open and they don't charge by the day, so I'll plod away in here until it's done. :rolleyes:

PS - It's 'Tanky-McBoatface' I'll have you know! :winkgrin:

PPS - On page 55 of the Panzer-Tracts article there is a picture of LWS 11.72 alongside the Faehrendecke team (which I believe places it firmly in the Ostfront), it's clearly painted in what can only be dunkelgelb. :nerd:

Sorry Andy, I'll remember that it;s Tanky-McBoatface :coolio::analintruder:

LWS 1172 does look like it's painted in dunkelgelb, The two Faehrendecke's look like they are painted grey. Keith's version is dunkelgelb as well.

I have some doubts about the rather snazzy camo=scheme supposed to go on my build :hmmm::unsure::blink:

Those tracks look so tasty Gremlin, but as you said they come at a price, worth it though.

I take it that the sat nav is programmed to head for Poland, and the window wipers will last a 1000 years.

No fluffy dice though.

Simon.

• Like 2