Tugboats on tracks

Very quiet here :wicked::hmmm:Oi, Andy, Keith !! Hopped it to the local as soon as I get distracted ?

To much time at work for me mate just not getting any time at the model bench at the minute

plus my son has just got the keys to his first house so trying to get him moved ASAP so I can make plans for a new model room instead of a cold garage  B)

Beefy

• Like 2

Well after some hard graft over the last couple of weeks Beefy,s DIY services has had a break and got on with some enjoyable relaxing stuff for a change New model room planned for the new year  :D

Been leaving the tracks to steep/soak in this stuff for a couple of days I go it from a mate at my club Track Black looks OK will test fit later

also got some work done on the figures need more practice with these little blighters

IMG_3414_zpszndirphh.jpg

IMG_3415_zps7lp6vdn3.jpg

beefy

• Like 8

Thanks Dan still some work to do on the tracks will be using some of the life color rust wizard set to try and get the right effect I want looking at the reference material I have from Andy and Julian :book:

Beefy

• Like 1

Nice work on Ali Baba and the forty six thieves. The deck stowage looks good and I see you have the fenders ready to fit. Nice Keith !

Thanks Julian the fenders were made from an old curtain tie back will try and get them fitted soon but still have to make up the nose piece seen some very different ones in the reference I have.

Do not want it looking to big it might get mistaken for Jimmy Nail  :rolleyes:

Beefy

• Like 1

Well gave the track black a try but not impressed in the end I just painted them using Mr Hobby Metal-coat or is that metallic coat  :book:

and buffed up the high spots will start to add the rust washes when I get the fenders fitted also added the anchor that was painted in the same way as the track but I have added some wash and pastels to it

IMG_3422_zpszxt4ahuo.jpg

IMG_3421_zpsmvogiaxy.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks Dan and Kev for the kind words means a lot coming from you too

Well after a good kick up the backside at the Glasgow show last week I have been given some new enthusiasm to get this one done plus it is getting dark at nights and the missus says I,am not allowed out after Dark  :zombie:

Started work on the base basic shape and size cut out of insulation foam

IMG_3428_zpsxcjfe60l.jpg

Then started on the fenders light coat of Olive Drab and then fitted to the sides still have the Bull nose to make

IMG_3424_zps2zism3jf.jpg

IMG_3425_zpsco7dndqo.jpg

And more work done on a couple of figures just waiting to get my lesson in figure painting from Dan for the others

IMG_3426_zpsbvf2nmlc.jpg

Beefy

• Like 7

I'll second Dave;s comments Keith , looking brilliant already and I know that you are only just starting up on the dio build. I'll have to get some more work done on my LWS and neglect the "Poison frog" for a while :goodjob:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK So small update been working on the base Sharpe sand used for the main coverage small rocky out crop added to the corner and some model railway scenery added for the small vegetation

should be able to get something done now as the Son moved out and into his own home on Saturday what with the daughter moving to London in July and now the lad gone Boy is the house quiet just me and missus Beefy and the 2 dogs

Bliss  B):rolleyes:

IMG_3429_zps0ifknl8b.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsteqyn0x4.jpg

Beefy

• Like 8

Thank you Francis

well another small update trying to keep the MAN flu at bay  :cold:  I have added some pigments to dust up the lower hull and running gear

IMG_3438_zpsrreoukgk.jpg

IMG_3439_zps6totnjyq.jpg

And painted the front buffer with a dark green oil wash

IMG_3440_zpsscbwikux.jpg

Beefy

• Like 3