Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Peter AZmodel/Admiral

LVG C.VI 1/72 KP- Kovozavody Prostejov

40 posts in this topic

Thank you, Jan.
And how can you contact Alexei Khnykin?

Thanks for the info Jan. As for a second subject my vote goes for the Salmson 2A2.

Regards, Steve

Hi Jan,

My votes go for

-DH9/9a of course ;)

-Hansa Brandenburg B.I Series (ex Legato ?)

-Albatros C.III, a real workhorse (Germany, Bulgaria, Ottoman Empire, Poland...)

-Hansa Brandenburg C;I, (Austro-Hungary, CZ, Poland, Austria, Yugoslavia, Russia...)

-Salmson 2A2 (France, US of A, CZ, Poland, Japan, Russia...)

Roland C.II is a pretty bird, but was used only by Germany, but I also vote for it.

Regards,  Chris.

My Scalemates Page - https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=26114

LVG C. VI is in distribution now...

Thank you for the information on the Soviet Camouflage. I am sure that you are correct in your interpretation as there is clear evidence of fully-repainted SVA.5 aircraft from the same period.

Good luck with the sales of the C.VI kit. I hope it will prompt more investment in 1/72 WWI subjects. Following the theme of 2 seat aircraft, I would like to see the Rumpler 'family' of C.I, C.III, C.IV, perhaps even the 6B-2;  

...or an early war Albatross B.II...

Will

I would love to see some earlier types such as Bleriot, Voisin, Farman, or even a decent kit of the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets in 1:72. If not those, a DH9, which is only available as a DH4 conversion, or DH9a which is only available in resin......

Ian

1 person likes this

Now on sale at Hannants. Been looking forward to this, just like last year with the BE2c. 

Personally, I would like to see Nieuport 28 in 1/72 in quality adequate for 21st century.

I have these two kits on my stash now and look forward to building them both--one in German and the other in post-war civilian livery.  I agree with all the requests, but there is an old dog that keeps barking...how about a really well-measured, well-molded Fokker DVII or 2 so I can put away all those Roden kits with wings that don't fit, axles that are too short, etc...

Hi all,

I have been wondering for years whythere is no a kit of one of the most common GermanWWI two-seaters: DFW C.V!

Ardpol has a resin of it so...?   ^_^

Cheers,

AaCee

1 person likes this

AaCee

Had the same thoughts for years too. Over 4,000 built and not an injection in sight. I have a Sierra vac form in the stash and once kit bashed one using a DVII fuselage, a Hannover fuselage, plastic card and an Albatros nose which with hindsight was not the best choice. Wings were scratched from card and it was fun but I'd prefer a nice injection next time. 

Regards, Steve

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi all,

I have been wondering for years whythere is no a kit of one of the most common GermanWWI two-seaters: DFW C.V!

Ardpol has a resin of it so...?   ^_^

Cheers,

AaCee

Also a Classic Planes vac (wasn't bad). I've built the Ardpol kit, that was very good, but the usual problems with warped wings. Never come across the Sierra kit.

Paul.

1 person likes this

Hi Paul,

I'm familiar with the Classic vac. It is a sound basic for a good model.

As KP's LVG is based on the Ardpol resin kit I mentioned the DFW hoping that they would give it a similar treatment.

Cheers,

AaCee

1 person likes this