Modelarstwoalexander decals

I just was sent here by Skodadriver. I'm in the same boat, I mean plane. I badly want the two Westjet disney decals. I to had no responses from him, luckily I guess, I'm still waiting for the confirm payment and shipping method email. I guess I will drop him. I tried the phone number to and my operator says there are one to many numbers. I'll take a look at his ebay. Are the brasil decals any good?

Edited by busnproplinerfan

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

Read this thread which is pinned at the top of the "Civil Aircraft Modern" section of the Forums.  If you haven't parted with any money don't even think about doing so.  

Thanks, I went there and read the topic.

Picking up where we left off in the other thread, early Brasil Decals weren't great.  They were thick, difficult to use and often doubtfully accurate.  Later batches were much better, particularly those sold as "BDecals" - I built several decent models with them including Dutch Bird and Wizz A320s, Easyjet B737-300 and Iberia A321. Any sheets I bought came from Hannants but I believe they ran into supply and other problems.  Whatever the reason they eventually stopped stocking Brasil/BDecals which opened the door to charlatans and fraudsters like our friend Alexander in Poland.  

I have no personal experience of Gio Decals although I have seen one or two models finished with them which look good, particularly this contribution to the recent Airliners III Group Build.  The ebay seller mentioned above seems to be reputable but if you try to do business with Alexander you will almost certainly end up with no decals and a Paypal dispute.

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I just was sent here by Skodadriver. I'm in the same boat, I mean plane. I badly want the two Westjet disney decals. I to had no responses from him, luckily I guess, I'm still waiting for the confirm payment and shipping method email. I guess I will drop him. I tried the phone number to and my operator says there are one to many numbers. I'll take a look at his ebay. Are the brasil decals any good?

Really you don't. No decal sheet is that valuable that you want it badly enough to go through all the hassle of PayPal  disputes and unanswered emails, phone calls, false tracking numbers etc... and that's to say nothing of ignoring the advice freely given here (often through bitter personal experience) and other forums.

Forget about this decal producer and forget all about the Disney plane you'd like to make. At some point down the line it may become available from a more reliable source. There have been many colour schemes I thought I couldn't live without but I've soon learned to carry on living without it!!

Honestly, it's not worth it.

Jeff 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

7 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Really you don't. No decal sheet is that valuable that you want it badly enough to go through all the hassle of PayPal  disputes and unanswered emails, phone calls, false tracking numbers etc... and that's to say nothing of ignoring the advice freely given here (often through bitter personal experience) and other forums.

Forget about this decal producer and forget all about the Disney plane you'd like to make. At some point down the line it may become available from a more reliable source. There have been many colour schemes I thought I couldn't live without but I've soon learned to carry on living without it!!

Honestly, it's not worth it.

Jeff 

Thanks, I did get a paypal request today. I did not send anything yet. On the request it gives the email of I assume Alexander. I sent an email to him asking if these decals are ready to go and said that I heard negative news from others about past experiences. I'll give him a day or so to respond to see what he says, likely I'll listen to what you all have experienced. Paypal is good for getting your money back, but yes it is a hassle. hope some diecasts come out in the meantime. It's to bad, he has some great sets. I also doubt and wonder if he has permissions, mostly from disney on these. Westjet might be forgiving, but disney sure won't.

That's the big thing nowadays - permission from the brand/ logo owner. Perhaps one of the reasons Alexander is so difficult to communicate with. If you were a copyright owner, where exactly would start to find him!!?? He rarely responds to any.

Have a look on eBay. There's a seller (rugburna320) there who offers similar choices of decals. I haven't bought any at all because postage to the UK is so high it puts me off even thinking about buying some. 

Good luck.

Jeff 

On 12/14/2016 at 3:08 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

The guy on Ebay referred to in November had the Westjet Mickey plane decals a few weeks ago. He said they were very rare & was asking around $CAD 34 for the set. They soon sold.

He's got a good reputation, keep an eye on him to see if any more appear.

I've never seen the Frozen jet decals available, except on Mr fraudsters site.

I too, would love to get both sets.

2 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

The guy on Ebay referred to in November had the Westjet Mickey plane decals a few weeks ago. He said they were very rare & was asking around $CAD 34 for the set. They soon sold.

He's got a good reputation, keep an eye on him to see if any more appear.

I've never seen the Frozen jet decals available, except on Mr fraudsters site.

I too, would love to get both sets.

ok, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I did take a chance on those decals. I did though use paypal as insurance and good thing I did. The guy replied only once to tell me he had the decals, never heard a thing since. i just received word from paypal's dispute center and they will refund the 45 euros. To bad the guy has to to be a jacknut about this, he could do some real good business if he wanted to.

I just went searching and found airlinercafe forum, looking on there some people got there order and some didn't, this was 2012. More recent ones weren't so lucky.

There are some giodecals on ebay currently from Brasil. They look pretty good and the guys has a 100% rating, nothing I want off his current list. Search for 1/144 giodecals, his name is kosciuv. Don't know anything else about him. I sent him a message asking if he will ever have Westjet stuff.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

On 14.12.2016 at 9:44 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

Has anyone dealt with Giodecals? I think they are sold through http://modelarstwoalexander.auctivacommerce.com/Default.aspx

There is a phone number to Poland I tried but it doesn't work, one to many numbers my operator told me.  Any help etc.?

Not "one too much" but two, as I had explained in my above post of 14th August.

Polish phone numbers have just NINE digits - omit "22" and it SHOULD work. +48 506805525.

Cheers

Michael

8 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Well I did take a chance on those decals. I did though use paypal as insurance and good thing I did. The guy replied only once to tell me he had the decals, never heard a thing since. i just received word from paypal's dispute center and they will refund the 45 euros. To bad the guy has to to be a jacknut about this, he could do some real good business if he wanted to.

I just went searching and found airlinercafe forum, looking on there some people got there order and some didn't, this was 2012. More recent ones weren't so lucky.

There are some giodecals on ebay currently from Brasil. They look pretty good and the guys has a 100% rating, nothing I want off his current list. Search for 1/144 giodecals, his name is kosciuv. Don't know anything else about him. I sent him a message asking if he will ever have Westjet stuff.

As I wrote at Nov.17-this guy is trustworthy!!!

Isaac

Edited by iaf-man

16 hours ago, iaf-man said:

As I wrote at Nov.17-this guy is trustworthy!!!

Isaac

I want to believe you, you must have been a lucky person. I just have a personal grudge when someone can't return any of my attempts to contact them. Do you have any contact with him? Can you talk to him?

52 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I want to believe you, you must have been a lucky person. I just have a personal grudge when someone can't return any of my attempts to contact them. Do you have any contact with him? Can you talk to him?

Did you look at the Airliner Cafe thread I linked in my post yesterday?  

Mr Kosciuv appears to be trustworthy but as far as I'm aware he is not a dealer.  He is (or was) using eBay to sell off an old collection and there is probably no point asking him if he's going to have a particular sheet in the future.

If you are a member of Airliner Cafe you could try a personal message or a post on the forum to which I linked. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:58 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

I sent him a message asking if he will ever have Westjet stuff.

I've been following him on ebay waiting for a particular sheet as well, and I must say I have seen a few Westjet ones, at least the Disneyland one for sure. Just keep an eye out on his page, I found a lot of the decals get relisted, as if he has quite a few on hand.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kosciuv

Also I believe iaf-man above was referring to Mr. Kosciuv not modelarstwoalexander.

22 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Did you look at the Airliner Cafe thread I linked in my post yesterday?  

Mr Kosciuv appears to be trustworthy but as far as I'm aware he is not a dealer.  He is (or was) using eBay to sell off an old collection and there is probably no point asking him if he's going to have a particular sheet in the future.

If you are a member of Airliner Cafe you could try a personal message or a post on the forum to which I linked. 

I'm not a member there, one forum is enough for now. I'll take a look at whet you did post anyway.

16 hours ago, wanthony said:

I've been following him on ebay waiting for a particular sheet as well, and I must say I have seen a few Westjet ones, at least the Disneyland one for sure. Just keep an eye out on his page, I found a lot of the decals get relisted, as if he has quite a few on hand.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kosciuv

Also I believe iaf-man above was referring to Mr. Kosciuv not modelarstwoalexander.

I'm going to add Kosciuv to my ebay list to see what he has. He did tell me he got a large collection that he doesn't know who printed the decals. If you see the Disney ones come up, let me know anyway.

11 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Exactly

Good, that's figured out.

4 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I'm not a member there, one forum is enough for now. I'll take a look at whet you did post anyway.

Belonging to more than one forum isn't difficult and doesn't require much effort

Anyhow, I just realised that Guilherme Kosciuv is a member of Britmodeller (he built the Visit Abu Dhabi A330 in the recent Airliners III Group Build) so if necessary you can pm him through this site.

16 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Belonging to more than one forum isn't difficult and doesn't require much effort

Anyhow, I just realised that Guilherme Kosciuv is a member of Britmodeller (he built the Visit Abu Dhabi A330 in the recent Airliners III Group Build) so if necessary you can pm him through this site.

great.

• 1 month later...

I can vouch for Ebay seller Kosciuv

Found the Giodecals BA 757 Blue Peter special on his Ebay site, decided to trust the 100% feedback, paid the price plus postage to UK, and they landed through the letterbox no more than a week later, recommended seller :)