1:24 Airfix Hawker Typhoon MkIb Bubble top

RMCS

Well that was a tad epic, the complex piping do sent quite go in as easily as Airfix says it will! Now for a couple more additions then phase two is complete!

20161015_144853-01_zpsrimfrhc6.jpeg

20161015_144926-01_zpsgtpzcso6.jpeg

20161015_144903-01_zpsbnwq2goz.jpeg

• Like 14

RMCS that is a beautiful rendition and nice to see Airfix getting plaudits.....I have this kit in my stash, and it is next on the list after a WNW 1/32 Sopwith Tripe. What did you use for the blue on the pipes and may I ask your resources for the additional wiring?

If i can get mine half as good as  this I will be over the moon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlanketStacker said:

RMCS that is a beautiful rendition and nice to see Airfix getting plaudits.....I have this kit in my stash, and it is next on the list after a WNW 1/32 Sopwith Tripe. What did you use for the blue on the pipes and may I ask your resources for the additional wiring?

If i can get mine half as good as  this I will be over the moon.

Thank you.  The blue is MIG metallic blue paint lightly sprayed on high listed areas. The extra wiring are just lengths of jewelry wire.

• Like 1

Well planning and prep has moved this project on a tad...still some weathering  to do before I finish this stage of the assembly..

20161016_175213_001-01_zpstxkvmx2x.jpeg

20161016_222145-01_zpsuvuu2zjx.jpeg

And the detail is so good on this kit I have gone for it and opened up a couple of extra panels on the port wing..

20161017_164725-01_zpswxdixovv.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Glad you posted again. I got this as a little quiet Christmas gift to myself. :whistle: Are you building OOB ? It looks sooo detailed. Great stuff. 

John.

Thanks mate. It's pretty much OOB .Except for the eduard cockpit PE. And a spot of scratch for the control lines.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RMCS said:

Thanks mate. It's pretty much OOB .Except for the eduard cockpit PE. And a spot of scratch for the control lines.

Yes of course, sorry I actually watched you build those too, I scrolled through to the start to jog my memory.

all that frame work in the wing is insane. :o

john

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...