Spot of the day!

A burgundy Maxi this afternoon in Helston which helped alleviate the deleterious effect that place has on you. The fossilised driver had a look of resigned fate upon his countenance; yet again, that Helston effect.

• Like 4

Yesterday , on the road from Hereford to Brecon , a red 1950's Chevrolet estate towing a modern caravan , not something you see every day .

Andrew

• Like 2

On 21/07/2017 at 10:45 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

A bright yellow Citroen CX in Waldringfield last night.

Bright-Yellow-Citroen CX. Funny, but until I read that just a moment ago I didn't realise that subconsciously that is actually the car I would love to own!  Here's one courtesy of French illustrateur Thierry Dubois...

Citroen-G_S.jpg

Will

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, malpaso said:

On my way to and back from Maidenhead today:

MG TC

Austin Healy 3000

3 brand new Morgans on a Transporter!

On the way to the cinema to see Dunkirk tonight, a Cobra (blue) - which reminded me I also saw a Silver Cobra on the Maidenhead trip - two in one day!

A number of unusual spots this afternoon on the M25:

• Ford Model T
  • BMW 2002
  • MG TC

Both the Model T and the MG were on transporters, however the BMW was being driven with gusty.

Karl

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bordfunker said:

A number of unusual spots this afternoon on the M25:

• Ford Model T

Karl

I remember a few years back I once followed a late Model T on a fast A road- it sat at a constant 40mph for a good 5 miles between two villages. I'd have been absolutely terrified driving a near 100 year old car at those speeds, but evidently the old 'Tin Lizzie' was perfectly capable!

Will

This morning on the M40 I saw an immaculate Mitchelin branded Citroen HY van in blue and yellow.

On the way home this evening the M40 produced not one, but 3 Triumph Stags, one in Wedgewood blue, the other two in white, all making that lovely V8 burble.

Karl

• Like 1

17 plate McLaren 570S at the local BP garage in Buckingham, it looks as though he was on his way to Silverstone Circuit 5 miles up the road. One of the few to stick to the 30 limit out of town!

Yesterday afternoon in Aylesbury .......

....... I don't know what I saw :o!

it was a smallish 2 seater Convertable that looked a little like a BMW Z3.

My wife though that the small circular badge on the rear said something like 'Bernini 25'

but the nearest likely maker was probably  Minari.

On my way back from Luton airport yesterday I saw a yellow ford mk 3 cortina (well I think it was a mk3 (the coke bottle shaped one) she looked brand new, beautiful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Within 5 minutes of walking out the door to pick up our battered old FIAT with some new tyres: Bentley Mk6, Evora 400, BMW i8, and a TVR6 Chimaera 5.0 in Marcos Yellow (the original demo car, it seems...)

best,

M.

What's your battered old Fiat,a 127 (i keep hoping that there's still one left)...

Edited by Vince1159