Spot of the day!

A goodly haul today between Felixstowe and Milton Keynes show and back.

Bedford KM tractor unit (A428)

Aston Martin DB4 in silver (M1)

2 x Austin Healey Frogeye Sprites, one green, one blue (M1)

1 x Austin Healey 3000 (M1)

Morris 1000 Traveller in green A428)

Split screen VW Transporter bus in red and white. (A428)

• Like 2

First one is a Standard 9, third one a Standard 10.  The Ensign was a Phase III Vanguard body with a 4 cylinder engine.

That's a very late registration for that D model Ford cab. Thought they were OOP by 73.

I forgot, saw an Austin Ruby as well on the 428.

• Like 1

Saw a real rarity in Nantwich the other day - a Mk1 Cavalier coupe .  Essentially just a hatchback Manta with Vauxhall badges , but a rare car even when they were new .  Don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh before .

• Like 1

I'm so angry I could curse. Every morning for the last few days I've been ready with my phone to catch any classic car that crossed my path. So of course I saw absolutely nothing.

This morning I was running late so I didn't bring my equipment,  so of course I run into one of the absolutely rarest muscle car ever made (one of my absolute dream cars) a presidental blue 69 Ford Talladega.  Ford's entry into the infamous aero wars in NASCAR that have us the much more famous Dodge Daytona. :rant:

Dang it!

Here is a little bit of NASCAR trivia, a Daytona never won at Daytona the Talladega did. A Talladega never won at Talladega the Daytona did. :mental:

The 442 was back as well as a 70 Chevrolet Chevelle SS in dark blue. 

A utterly fantastic morning. :rage:

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 3

At the Ferrari dealership in Nottingham yesterday,

A lovely little Lotus Elan in yellow and white.

I'd take that over anything else they had in there!

Today, a red Cavalier coupe on the A1 North of Newark.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

At the Ferrari dealership in Nottingham yesterday,

A lovely little Lotus Elan in yellow and white.

I'd take that over anything else they had in there!

Pete, only if it was in white and Mrs Peel driving.  Then you are talking :wub:

• Like 1

I saw a  Brown Austin maxi on Tuesday in Kidderminster, didn't catch the registration number, but I also saw a light blue rover 2000 today on an H plate (69/70) which looked in cracking condition.

• Like 1

Spotted yesterday in  Chippenham.

A green (ish) Triumph Spitfire (W reg - 1981 ish)

A green Triumph TR7 - Amazing that any of them still run...

A blue Vauxhall Monaro Coupé (Holden imported into the UK, I believe)

Cheers, Alan.

Came off the M4 at Junction 15 to go to Chiseldon and found myself behind a real life Delorean.  I've previously followed that car through Chippenham.  Very low, very dull steel body and this time it wasn't happy as there was a smell of petrol seeping in to my car....

A rather lovely dark blue Gordon-Keeble went the other way on my morning cycle ride today.

http://www.gordonkeeble.org.uk/index.html

And on Saturday outside a (different) pub in the New Forest, possibly the same Triumph twin and a K-reg BSA Rocket 3.

Cheers 

Will 

This coming Sunday 7th is the annual Ipswich Transport Museum vintage car rally to Felixstowe seafront. I know it's fully subscribed this year, so there will be 2 1/2 miles of vintage hardware along the promenade. It could be almost anything. Cars, bikes, buses, trucks and military. Weather permitting, I will see what gems are on display. I can always sit on the wall of my local pub and watch them all drive by. :cheers:

19 hours ago, Bordfunker said:

Vauxhall Omega!

When was the last time you saw one of those, that's if you can remember what they look like?

Karl

I owned a 2001 Opel Omega Station Wagon... Was my first car. Damn, I miss it. May very well happen I'll get me another one some time in the future.

The Omega B is still a pretty usual sight, the A not so much.

Edited by Schwarz-Brot

21 hours ago, Bordfunker said:

Vauxhall Omega!

There are two around the corner from me. A Saloon and an Estate!

Cheers, Alan.

On 4/23/2017 at 9:10 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

That's a very late registration for that D model Ford cab. Thought they were OOP by 73.

The Ford D series was in production until 80/81 at the Langley plant, when it was replaced by the Ford Cargo.

• Like 1