Spot of the day!

16 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I do remember driving an 1800 in the

early 70's with eight of us inside.

And a friends Dad had one around then which

launched a spark plug through the bonnet!

We had two, the Austin and the upmarket Wolseley 18/85. Both headlamps vanished into the wings on the Wolseley when we travelled from Nottingham to Minehead for our summer holiday.

BL made quality stuff didn't they....

• Like 3

Today; on the back of a transporter, a Jaguar E-Type 2+2, dark colour, no number plate. Looked 100%. Probably just a delivery or to/from MOT - it was coming from the direction of an MOT centre. No photos cos I was driving.

Also an odd looking old VW van. Very much smaller than the old combi van. It looked like someone had grafted a VW front on to a Bedford Rascal [npciwd]

Really? this one had an old number plate; that must've been a transfered on one then.

[not actually questioning/doubting you and your info, just expressing wonderment]

• Like 1

I believe you can also get plastic panels

to stick onto your Rascal etc to create the

VW camper effect. (I read it somewhere)

I also saw something similar locally last year.

Must have been one of those then, made into a full panel van.

I want one.

3rd most fun vehicle I ever had was my Suzuki SuperCarry, this one I think would be very much fun too

On 03/03/2017 at 10:02 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

There's a couple over here and look cute until you see them next to an original Vee Dub and they lose their charm very quickly...

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, Max Headroom said:

Ex Dublin Corporation buses being used for herding Wirral school kids operated by someone called 'Happy Al'.

Before.....

006.JPG

Yes, that's a recycled London bus behind it.

After......

7544832784_134e7993be_b.jpg

Trevor

They're on the Wirral somewhere and have been for years. I booked them while I was working in Games Workshop Chester (late 90's) for the shop's annual Golden Daemon/Games Day trip. Can't say they were brilliant but they did the job without any issues, which is good enough!

thanks

Mike

Edited by Mikemx

In town the other day - a Morry 1000 Traveller, complete with timber. Darkish olive green, in reasonable nick, although the wood work looked a bit dry rotty around the joints.

Something different in our village today, a cream Morris 1100 estate on an E plate. I can't remember ever seeing one back in the day. It was road worthy and had obviously been driven recently. Just sorry I couldn't get a photo.

Today on the way home from work...

A Vauxhall Ampera. I think that it's the European version of the Chevrolet Volt.

Left me for dead at the traffic lights. These electric cars can accelerate!

Alan.

I test drove a Volt last year,  that excelleration is intense. The salesman asked me if it was my first time in a electrical car. I told him, "no sir." Back in the mid nineties a security company converted a Ford EXP to all electronics and tried to sell them. Their top speed wasn't impressive something like 50 mph. But the acceleration was chest crushing.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the top speed of the Ampera (Volt) is, but I was doing 70 and I would guess it was doing between 80 & 90.

Difficult to tell when it's accelerating away from you...

Cheers, Alan.