Spot of the day!

Two in Bushey on Wednesday; the first being some Mustang thing belching and farting and nobody taking much notice of it but the real winner was a Reliant Kitten which actually turned heads, mainly from those of us who remember them.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2017 at 7:55 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

In Newark this morning on the back

of a flatbed recovery truck, an old

Morris Oxford, the one that looks like

an overscale Morris thousand, in black.

This one looks like it had been sitting in

a back garden since 1962. Large bits of

it were green with algae.

That's a Series M.O.

I saw a pair of Rover P6s the other day in a front garden in Ipswich.

• Like 2

Extraordinary 3 minutes driving from Droitwich up the A38 towards the Bromsgrove turn - a Bentley 4 1/2 litre Blower in racing green, followed just a minute later by what I think might have been a Bentley 4 1/2 with a Weymann style body, in black and cream.

I know it's possible the green Bentley was a replica, but my goodness it looked GOOD!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

They were a legend like the Clipper,the Trislanders are gone now except one which they need to cover for the Dorniers when they go tech!...

Yeah mate, they were the taxi`s of the islands.

We used to fly to the Channel Isles from Southampton in a Vickers Viscount.

Once we flew from Portsmouth in a JFA (Johnny F.A.) Fokker I think.

The car ferry you take for ever.

Simon.

30 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I've got a thread in the diecast section with Viscounts,some of them used to fly over here,i can also remember (just) the Bristol 170 Freighters that used to bring cars over here...

This Fokker was that old it had outside toilets.

Simon.

12 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

This Fokker was that old it had outside toilets.

Simon.

I always thought that was Aurignys Shorts 360 lol...Was the Fokker 70/100 with British Midland..

Edit: My apologies bw,your thread's gone off topic somewhat...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

A big American pale blue '50's or '60's thing being piggy backed by the AA on the M4 a couple of hours ago. Don't know what it was though but the reg. no. ended in T.

EDIT:forgot to insert country of origin.

Edited by Darby

Earlier today; a dhc Triump Herald, all over white and rust, in desperate need of TLC. The roof looked so bad that if hadn't been for the holes in it the strong winds filling it would have made the car take off like a balloon

25 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yesterday in North Lincoln.

A Morris Minor Police Panda car!

(Two door saloon, blue with white doors)

Are you allowed to drive around with police signs on your car?

As far as I know yes, providing the blue flashing light and siren are disabled.

Simon.

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Yesterday in North Lincoln.

A Morris Minor Police Panda car!

(Two door saloon, blue with white doors)

Are you allowed to drive around with police signs on your car?

Stictly; No

Its classed as 'impersonation' of a Police vehicle, an offence. But prosecution really depends on the discretion of the local plods

A friend of mine had a genuine NY state sheriffs car, which he took to a show in Scotland.

Scots police had him tape over the words Sheriff and also prosecuted him for having and driving a vehicle 'impersonating' a sheriff vehicle - they have sheriffs in Scotland but afaik no vehicles. Whereas he drove the car to the show he had to use a car transporter to take it home, forbidden to drive it on Scottish roads again.

I had a Chicago Police Oldsmobile, so marked, RUC, as the PSNI was then, called out to me and suggested I didn't use it on the road or change the scheme or face prosecution. I changed the 'Cook County Police Department' to 'Cook County Sheriff Department'. Local plods were happy with that as we no longer have sheriffs.

Cars marked with 'Police' can't really be used on open roads. In TV series the filming of the cars is done on closed roads usually.

I doubt mainland plods would really chase after a Morris Minor for breaking the law. They're most likely to smile and laugh at it as it drives past - 'We actually used those?'

• Like 1