Spot of the day!

I used to see many exotic vehicles being shipped in or out of the port, but hardly anything now.

Today I had to drop into to ATS for some new brake pads, and sitting in the shipping compound next door was a Plymouth Valiant, and an immaculate Cord 812 convertible coupe. I was tempted to ask questions, but I know they only ship the stuff for a guy in London. In any event, I realised that I would need those vital organs to get home again.

What have you spotted out and about today?

Monday afternoon, three Messerschmitt three

wheelers Southbound on the AI near Stamford.

Today, somewhere North of Lincoln

(Can't remember where) a Standard

Vanguard pick up from about 1960.

• Like 2

Kind of a fun thread so please permit me to take part.

Until recently in Rock Island, Illinois, US there was a daily-driver EDSEL station wagon (1958-1960) that was owned and used by a junker.

Junker in Midwest American English being a person who cruises the streets and alleys following a route that keeps him just hours ahead of the municipal trash pickup crews. They pick up the metal and what other salable trash they can and that's pretty much how they make their living.

Anyway, every time I see him the Edsel is overflowing with junk; steel bed frame rails, aluminum window frame extrusions, bicycle frames and wheels, etc. The car is in its original paint very faded and with a fair amount of deep rust but it just keeps on working for the guy.

AND as frosting for that sighting, just last week I saw a lady driving a left hand drive red MG TD, pretty faded so it was probably original paint but not even a tinge of rust. Nice looking 55-60-ish lady and fairly adept at the double-clutching for the non-syncro transmission too.

Alf in Iowa

• Like 1

Slightly exotic in Grantham yesterday, a K reg SAAB 96.

Southbound on the A1 were two American hotrods. (one on a trailer)

Today, in Waddington village, a Standard eight from mid 1950's

• Like 2

During the last week I've seen two original Vauxhall Vivas in and around Kidderminster, but the most unusual spot I've ever had was seeing a toyota WiLL car in Cyprus maybe 7 or 8 years ago, and then later that year seeing one in Kidderminster.

They were only ever sold originally in Japan between 1999 and 2004, so these two examples can only be two of a handful outside Japan.

• Like 1

Slightly exotic in Grantham yesterday, a K reg SAAB 96.

Southbound on the A1 were two American hotrods. (one on a trailer)

Today, in Waddington village, a Standard eight from mid 1950's

Pete, pardon the ignorance of a Yank but might you explain what 'K reg' means and how is that special?

Some fella was driving around Worcester in an Aventador.....Right muppet he looked too, Worcester is just not the place for that sort of tasteless bling, even Ferraris look ridiculous when you park them next to this:

From-SW-Oct05-D6664sAsAR800.jpg

Aston Martins on the other hand.....

• Like 5

Or 1 August 1992 - 31 July 1993 ;)

Ashley

Although in the case of a Saab 96, I think it's safe to say 1972... :)

Better get on with my Spot of the Day, there's a 1981 Fiesta on our drive that won't weld itself.

• Like 3

Yesterday, out near Conningsby,

BMW 840/850 coupe - my favourite Beemer

Golden yellow Porsche 911 about 1973 vintage.

Today, this afternoon in Lincoln,

1972 ish Toyota Crown Coupe.

I thought all the UK ones had turned into lace years ago.

• Like 1