M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB Chat

On 17 January 2018 at 06:54, JackG said:

hey Sarge, I put this together.  Hope  others add their designs and then you, or the group, can choose an official banner?

39028690974_d0c5ee828e_o.jpg

regards,

Jack

Nice banner Jack, how do I put it in my signature block?

Thank you Ozzy.

You should first save  the banner to your image host provider.

Then edit your profile in the pull down menu  ---> click account settings and you will see signature listed.  Then you load/save the image just like you would when posting  in the forum.

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackG said:

Thank you Ozzy.

You should first save  the banner to your image host provider.

Then edit your profile in the pull down menu  ---> click account settings and you will see signature listed.  Then you load/save the image just like you would when posting  in the forum.

regards,

Jack

Thanks Jack, it's the first bit I'm struggling with.

The banner size is correct, if it were too large there would be an error message.

Ozzy, are you saying you can't save the image at all, not even to your hard drive first and then upload to your image provider?

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackG said:

The banner size is correct, if it were too large there would be an error message.

Ozzy, are you saying you can't save the image at all, not even to your hard drive first and then upload to your image provider?

regards,

Jack

I'm on an iPad Jack and for some reason it's not letting me save the image or send me to your hosting provider to copy the link.

• 2 weeks later...

I am building the M4A3 75mm Gun version late production Sherman (Tamiya kit no 35250) The wheels have spokes on one side and are smooth on the other. The picture on the box cover shows the smooth side being used, but most builds I have seen have used the spoked side. There is an option to use either obviously. Anybody know which one is correct or does it really matter.This is a link to a picture of the kit and you can plainly see the smooth side has been selected.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-1-35-No-250-Sherman-M4A3-Model-Kit-75mm-Gun-Late-Production-/222799423292

Simple answer would be, unless you are building exactly from a specific photo, no it does not matter.  Only exception would be for time frame as the the smooth  style road wheels were introduced during the summer of 1944.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/suspension/vvss_suspension.html

Hopeful those those that have studied the Sherman more will add to this ...

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sarge, i misposted for the gallery the fool i am and mistakenly started a new thread of the finished calliope, can it be moved or do i have to do it again, sorry for being a pain:tmi:

So far there are 33 finished builds in the gallery, well done to all those people that have taken part. Hopefully we will get as good a turn out in the Panzer IV later this year.

• Like 2

As a non armour builder, I was attracted to this as something different to my normal modelling field, that I managed to complete my build was due the tremendous support and answers to what many armour guys would consider, crazy questions, but the help was given without any question, and for that, thank you all.

Again as a non builder, I had to the use the kit instructions :o, which left a bit to be desired as I found out, well a lot to be desired to be exact, not sure how a youngling would cope with some of that, but then again back when I was younger, some of that didn't matter anyway, so long as it was ready for action that day was good enough.

As the first ever armour GB, it was to me very interesting, I had quite a lot of fun looking for lost parts, and fabricating new ones, fitting a really interesting lot of very tiny parts, that was way out of my comfort zone, The totally new to me nomenclature that is armour, the strange world of research that is out there for armour, the unknown to me previously, story of dry and wet stowage the completely different hull types (sorta knew about them), small and large hatches  :blink:, it really got me learning a lot in a short period of time, but in the overall scheme of things I really enjoyed myself, and wish to thank @Sgt.Squarehead @Ozzy and @Threadbear for hosting this and all the hard yards they put in to even get this up and running, I think @Sgt.Squarehead in helping along everyone and I may even consider a future Armour GB, although I think the next one is for the baddies.

It's great to see all the finished ones in the gallery and such a fantastic standard, and thanks for a really enjoyable time in the world of Armour :elephant: :penguin:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So far there are 33 finished builds in the gallery, well done to all those people that have taken part. Hopefully we will get as good a turn out in the Panzer IV later this year.

I stayed up late so I could be straight in on the poll, only it's still locked! :hmmm:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Sad 2