Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

On 2017-4-29 at 2:21 AM, oggy4624 said:

Like so many before, will we ever see plastic?

I doubt it.

So many CAD drawings that have never materialised.

Oh!! Doom and gloom!!

What Tanmodel are doing here is to present CAD work in an attempt to get as much correct as possible before they cut the mould.

If you think you can produce one quicker then crack on.

• Like 2

Re the posts about how much detail to include in the kit, perhaps Tanmodel could take a leaf out of Meng Models book, i.e. their King Tiger.  Produce a basic kit then release add on sets with all the extra detail anyone could want.  That should keep everyone happy.  (Ha! Who am I kidding?)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 593jones said:

Re the posts about how much detail to include in the kit, perhaps Tanmodel could take a leaf out of Meng Models book, i.e. their King Tiger.  Produce a basic kit then release add on sets with all the extra detail anyone could want.  That should keep everyone happy.  (Ha! Who am I kidding?)

Not a bad idea really, they did something similar with their F-106 too, a reasonably detailed kit but with the option of some serious resin for those who want to go down that route.  Personally, I'd prefer that option.

5 hours ago, 593jones said:

That's the best idea. Eduard learnt that one from their FW 190 - for those people who don't want to show open panels it just makes the build over complicated. Keep the kit simple and release some tasty detail for those that want it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm really looking forward to this (the 1/48 scale one) kit coming onto the market.  I have emailed the company for an estimated release date and to find out if we can purchase it directly from them or if we will have to find a UK retailer.  I will let you know if I get any more info. 

As much as I love a detailed model, finding the time to spend at the bench often attracts me to a low part count kit just so that I can finish a build in a decent time scale. Any longer than a month on the bench becomes tedious personally. I've got a 1/24 typhoon there and all those internals make it look less fun than the old hurricane kit with all the panels glued in place. That said, I'll be getting one of these irrespective of the detail levels!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

As much as I love a detailed model, finding the time to spend at the bench often attracts me to a low part count kit just so that I can finish a build in a decent time scale. Any longer than a month on the bench becomes tedious personally. I've got a 1/24 typhoon there and all those internals make it look less fun than the old hurricane kit with all the panels glued in place. That said, I'll be getting one of these irrespective of the detail levels!

My standard is one model per year!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smokeyr67 said:

As no one has said it yet - OK Tan, wheres me Buccaneers!

On your Buccan' 'ead!

• Like 2

On a lighter note.

I bet Tan Models are really nervous about this release ....... you could say they are "Bricking it".

:coat:

This model I'm really looking forward to..........................

Any one want some Airfix  Bucc's  ???

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jenko said:

On a lighter note.

I bet Tan Models are really nervous about this release ....... you could say they are "Bricking it".

Very good! And No I don't started one soon after release, shelved it, sold it, vowed never to buy another one. I hope this sets TanModel up well for the future. 

4 hours ago, jenko said:

On a lighter note.

Groan...

Still hoping here too!

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Very good! And No I don't started one soon after release, shelved it, sold it, vowed never to buy another one. I hope this sets TanModel up well for the future. 

Sold mine as well in order to make room for this bad boy...

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 9:40 AM, chrisov said:

Very nice but if that is to be Lossiemouth please move back ground to include the coast and lighthouse just slightly to left of this view please. So iconic for the Lossiemouth area.

Otherwise area could be anywhere.

As someone else said a bit high for a Buccaneer too!

Hope it arrives soon.

I don't think that is the Lossiemouth area chrisov. The surrounding features and woods aren't quite right - I fly over and around that area regularly. I wonder where it is; it is clearly taken from a photo on  a bonny day. What we need is someone ex-forces to identify it for us! 

John B

On 20 June 2017 at 1:17 PM, cybershed said:

I'm really looking forward to this (the 1/48 scale one) kit coming onto the market.  I have emailed the company for an estimated release date and to find out if we can purchase it directly from them or if we will have to find a UK retailer.  I will let you know if I get any more info. 

AFAIK UMP are Tanmodel's land-of-UK distributor 

https://www.umpretail.com/collections/painting

I'm waiting for their 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker but the Buccaneer should be great fun

Tony

• Like 1

I don't think that is the Lossiemouth area chrisov. The surrounding features and woods aren't quite right - I fly over and around that area regularly. I wonder where it is; it is clearly taken from a photo on  a bonny day. What we need is someone ex-forces to identify it for us! 

I like a challenge so have just had a quick look on google maps. That is RAF Wethersfield, EGVT, Essex (so it'll have been an overflight on a jolly around the coast maybe, although it won't have been far from Honington as the crow -or Bucc - flies;)).

Really, really looking forward to this kit. So glad to see that it's appeared in the forum again. 

Bring it on please.

Bob.

12 hours ago, tony.t said:

AFAIK UMP are Tanmodel's land-of-UK distributor 

https://www.umpretail.com/collections/painting

I'm waiting for their 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker but the Buccaneer should be great fun

Tony

That Su-33 is gonna be some beast. I would love to take something like that on, but I honestly don't think I could find space for that MF in my house.

I look forward to seeing some build pics if you get one Tony.

• 1 month later...

After a looooong search I have finally found an Airfix 1/48th S2B at a reasonable price, so if my usual luck holds, Tanmodel should now post something telling us that their Buccaneer will be relesed next month.

Looking at the Airfix plastic, I won't be too hacked off if they do so......

Les

20 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

After a looooong search I have finally found an Airfix 1/48th S2B at a reasonable price, so if my usual luck holds, Tanmodel should now post something telling us that their Buccaneer will be relesed next month.

Looking at the Airfix plastic, I won't be too hacked off if they do so......

Les

First law of modelling is that the brand new all-singing all-dancing kit never gets released until just after you have finished the older more challenging one , Second law is that aftermarket parts only get released after you have spent weeks and several visits to casualty for injuries sustained while hand carving that tiny but essential piece that the kit manufacturer missed.

Airfix kit is not too bad if you take your time with the fuselage halves inch by inch to get them to fit together , might be wrong but I am sure that I read somewhere that the plastic they now use is somewhat softer which is why the kit is unlikely to ever be released again as the fuselage halves would now warp beyond recall.

Edited by Des
Remove unnecessary 'it'
  • Like 2