Tanmodel announce a 1/48th Buccaneer.

Acky190

Splayed leg guards. Well done Tanmodels.

I think the blast shield needs adjustment. As it is at present there is not enough room for the navigator to squeeze into as he enters his office. I think the problem is that the screen is a little bit too big. Easily fixed 

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice but if that is to be Lossiemouth please move back ground to include the coast and lighthouse just slightly to left of this view please. So iconic for the Lossiemouth area.

Otherwise area could be anywhere.

As someone else said a bit high for a Buccaneer too!

Hope it arrives soon.

Whilst they should really have done a FAA Buccaneer at low level over the sea near a carrier, I must admit that the picture is very nice, my only critic being that the grey in the camo appears to be more a Medium Sea Grey than a Dark Sea Grey.

6 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

Whilst they should really have done a FAA Buccaneer at low level over the sea near a carrier, I must admit that the picture is very nice, my only critic being that the grey in the camo appears to be more a Medium Sea Grey than a Dark Sea Grey.

Here we go again!

It's in the scheme of the service that used the most Bucc's for the longest period therefore it's in the right scheme!:tease:

That said, the Bucc crews must be getting nose bleeds flying that high...

Edited by Wez
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, oggy4624 said:

Like so many before, will we ever see plastic?

I doubt it.

So many CAD drawings that have never materialised.

Tanmodel did the same with their superb RF-84F, that materialised so I've no reason to expect not to.

Personally I'm quite happy with this approach. Just wish the 1/72nd kit which was announced first was prioritised ahead of that for those with fumbling fingers and failing eyesight! :P

• Like 5

Hi Wez

You are right, but I wouldn't use "superb". I think that Tan learned a lot while developping this model, and while it's still very nice shapewise, the opening part of the canopy was wrong and the general engraving of the model was way too soft.

In the first boxing the decals were just good for the dustbin.

They could have fixed the canopy problem with the second boxing, as they did for the decals quality, but they didn't.

Anyway I trust them because they are on a learning curve , and a good one if I believe what I see until now .

Just my two cents.

MAdcop :smile:

Hi Madcop,

Compared to the alternatives for an RF-84F in any scale it's a superior kit, that it has its faults I've no doubt (when I get around to making mine I'm sure I'll find out).

Like you I'm willing to trust them because they are newcomers, I have high hopes for the Bucc kits!

13 hours ago, oggy4624 said:

Like so many before, will we ever see plastic?

I doubt it.

So many CAD drawings that have never materialised.

Given the work and input that has gone into the kit so far I have no doubts we will see the kit.

Julien

Hmm - I think it is a VERY welcome future release. 

Also one of those Land of Lost Opportunities for Airfix (let's be clear: their Bucc isn't the easiest kit, fitwise, and could benefit from a new tooling).

That said, I'll wait to see the kit in the plastic to say something.

Cheers!

On 4/28/2017 at 9:40 AM, chrisov said:

Very nice but if that is to be Lossiemouth please move back ground to include the coast and lighthouse just slightly to left of this view please. So iconic for the Lossiemouth area.

Otherwise area could be anywhere.

There isn't a lighthouse within about 20 miles of the airfield shown on the box!

Great news on this kit, really can't wait to see the plastic now.

Whoah! Dont add too many fancy bits or it will end up costing a fortune!

Its looking superb, but I for one would just like a basic, but fits together nicely Brick with some nice decals for around £30. :)

I fear I may have to sell something to justify this when it arrives.

• Like 1

Can't get upset about box art as it will end up in the bin eventually.

Really looking foreword to this. Hopefully a good solid model without complete engines and loads of nonsense that stops you cracking on and racks up the price. Decent cockpit, Bomb bay will be fine!

I can't agree the Airfix is a missed opportunity though. It is a good solid basis, a product of it's time and not that difficult to build despite what urban myth says.. Also you see lots at model shows so people do seem to knock them out. That said an alternative will be nice! Will still build my remaining Afix kit though!

• Like 1

I want something with tons of details, open panels, engines, detailed cockpit, wheel bays and I do not care at all for the decals, as I am pretty sure that I will go my own way there! I am willing to pay something reasonable for all that. Obviously not the modeler that buys (or can afford buiyng) all new stuff coming!

Edited by DIO

9 hours ago, BushBrit66 said:

Can't get upset about box art as it will end up in the bin eventually.

Really looking foreword to this. Hopefully a good solid model without complete engines and loads of nonsense that stops you cracking on and racks up the price. Decent cockpit, Bomb bay will be fine!

I can't agree the Airfix is a missed opportunity though. It is a good solid basis, a product of it's time and not that difficult to build despite what urban myth says.. Also you see lots at model shows so people do seem to knock them out. That said an alternative will be nice! Will still build my remaining Afix kit though!

Hi BushBrit66,

Just clarifying: I was referring to Airfix missing the opportunity to release a new tool version of their Bucc. 

I had it but eventually sold it, knowing I would never build it. Its fuselage parts were twisted like a corkscrew, and mine was not he only I one I saw that way. Maybe a bad batch?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to  get my ham-fisted paws on a new tool Buc...

Cheers!

Edited by FranciscoPRG