Motor King 1/100 Zaku Tank.

Yeah actually I think Wills hit the nail on the head, think it is 1/60. Thinking about it I did a gundam dio a while back and for 1/100 scale I used 15mm figures that were pretty much spot on.

Though I think the 1/72 guys you have look good enough scale wise

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blastvader said:

Also, I'm with Dazz on the figures. A 1/100 figure should measure roughly 18mm from the ground to eye level and a 1/72 figure should come in at around 25mm on the same metric. Are you able to measure the figures just for interest's sake. Because either they are too small or MK have  overscaled the tank a little as scaling (badly) from the drawing it is a bout 10 pilots high, which either means your pilots are only 4'6" or the tank is about as tall as a normal Zaku II at around 18m give or take instead of the 14m as it should be.

Cheers for the info on the ground cover I will definitely be book marking that to try out later.

The tanks scale is definitely off a bit, its not 1/60 but he is little more than 1/72 scale depending on how you measure and what you measure up to. The kit is 16cm to the top head and 18cm to the top of the cannon. 

Time to paint the last few parts now then, from the Zvezda I will only be using two of the figures, the jerry cans, the tool box and the barrel. 

Edited by rockpopandchips

Odd thing happened tonight looks to me like a reaction to the Vallejo chipping fluid. The barrel was glued sanded primmed and a base of colour all whent without anf fuss but after the chipping fluid had been on about 5 mins the glue under the paint started to bubble up.......never seen this before.

20161103_181844_zpswumnkpwy.jpg

That's pretty weird!

If you used a lot of glue it probably won't have evaporated unless you drilled a breather hole, so it could be melting its way out of the barrel from the inside and the chipping fluid is just a timing coincidence? If it's not that I have no idea.

Will

Cheers Hunter.

Cheers Will for a massive compliment.

I think the dio is finished, i do think if i had thought about it a bit more at the start i might have added a few more old bit of machine laying about but it been great fun to do and i have learnt a lot (mostly from Will Vales threat).

I hope you like and let me know what you think to it.

Yes i made a mess of the frame so still need to redo that.

P1030995_zpsvkg0jony.jpg

• Like 1