RAAF UH-1H Iroquois

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Hi Ray nicely done on the cabin, what did you use for the seat belts, Tamiya tape?

Although Revell re-boxed this, I'm certain the kit I had (and have as I have another in the stash) look different. The boxing I had came with updated seats and also stretcher fit which is fair enough for another manufacturer to add their own (separate, updated) sprues. But your Hasegawa kit has raised rivet detail and I'm certain the revell kit doesn't? Would they go to the trouble of changing the fuselage mould? Just interesting as I thought they would be identical, will have to check mine again.

Oooh, floats! Goody! Regarding Hawkeyes ordering process for a UK resident. Do I just email a marked up copy of the order sheet to them?

Cheers

Aaron

Thanks Aaron,

Not having seen the insides of a Revell boxing I can't say. Thought o me it sounds like the Revell UH-1 may be the Esci/Italeri kit.

As for ordering from Hawkeye, I believe sending the order sheet will work, I think most do it that way (not having to do mail order since Hawkeye is a 20 minute drive form my place :D).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, TrojanThunder said:

I found another picture in my collection of the floats being fitted

A2-507%20Floats%202_zpsgjsq4ito.jpg

and noticed the ribs underneath so I added them.

Pretty sure that's me at the rear of the left float. Taken at Oakey with what seems to be John Coad out front. Where'd the photo come from? 

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I had replied Rob, sorry about that.

Not sure where I got the shot, I think it was from an Aviation discussion forum somewhere

Anyway, I have finally have got back to this one tonight, added the HF wire antenna with some Aeroclub clear stretchy filament.

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_44_zpsuifsfbxs.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_45_zpsh3xliaxb.jpg

It has also now been glossed and ready for decals

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_46_zpskkotul9q.jpg

• Like 1