1/144 Skyline B737-500 Garuda Indonesia

Soloturk

Hello all,

with the BAe 146 on hold until decals are sourced, I decided to skip ahead to the next build to make a head start on it, until the 146 gets the green light!

So my second build will be the Skyline Models B737-500 with Air Baltic decals:

28195222223_4498ddc0ef_b.jpg

Purchased this from Telford for however many Euro's it was. Other options were available but I bought it in case I decided to do the Air Baltic one, as much as I don't use decals from the box, it did have some special tail options.

28810611325_230f616d98_b.jpg

Never built a Skyline kit before, but looks good, especially as the windows don't need filling, and the cockpit area is one bit, so can just put the cockpit decal over it.

However since the last visit to the aviation mega store, I picked up the Skyline B737-300/-400/-500 Garuda Indonesia decals, which I thought would go rather well with the -500, and both are Skyline products so should actually fit the model I would have thought.

28195220703_fd47584a7f_b.jpg

28810610425_db2234b291_b.jpg

I will have to use the stock decals for the detailing and the windows.

If I get decals for the 146 at the Avon Show tomorrow, then I may have to park this, we shall see!

James.

• Like 4

It's a nice kit and should look good in the Garuda livery. Just a couple of points to watch out for. The fit of the wings isn't great and usually needs a bit of trial and error. I find it easier if you leave the lower fuselage section off until the the wings have been fitted. Installing the engines can be slightly hit or miss and you usually have to open up the slots in the nacelles a bit until everything fits neatly.

Looking forward to watching progress

I can't keep track of all the changes tot he Garuda livery over recent years...

Which ever you pick will look good though.

Another 737! Great! Now its time for me to sit back and cry over my EE kit, while observing (what will be) your vastly superior build...

With all these B737s being built will there be any left in peoples' stashes the the B737 single type GB?

POTKC - Thanks, you say superior but I've yet to build it, I could screw it up! And I'm no pro so don't expect a 10 out of 10 (just 9 1/2 out of 10 :P )

I've got two 737 kits left (Minicraft & Skyline -400's) and five 737 decal sheets (technically 8 as I have a sheet with more than one on)