45 Sqn Beaufighter TF.X, x 3, Post War, Far East,.....Airfix & Hasegawa....Edited with some reference photos!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Tony, lovely Beaus, I dont suppose you know the serial for the grey/night aircraft next to the other colour aircraft? I really want to do a firedog beau in that scheme in 1/48 but not too many reference photos about of aircraft with that scheme and spinners fitted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 85sqn said:

Hi Tony, lovely Beaus, I dont suppose you know the serial for the grey/night aircraft next to the other colour aircraft? I really want to do a firedog beau in that scheme in 1/48 but not too many reference photos about of aircraft with that scheme and spinners fitted.

Sorry no,.......just RD8??,........ maybe ending in a `0'? Code,.....probably `P' but could be `F' too! 

Glad you like the Beau`s,........my green and grey one is all painted up now apart from the tail band as I cannot decide between Sky or White,......I`ll probably go for the latter with black unit codes and wartime style C/C1 markings.The wingtips were made from wood and one appears to just have red primer painted on the lower wingtip at least.

Cheers

Tony

Edit,......was this one of the ones from your thread?

Image result for 45 sqn beaufighter

Air Britain have a book about 45 Sqn which may have some serial tie ups and more pics. I have it but cannot get to it due to being laid up,......sorry.

Edited edit- check your PM`s!

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Ooh, a silver Beau named 'B OB'... hmm, might have to think about that one!

bob

p.s. Nice lineup and presentation, Tony.

Haha,......B-OB,.......yeah I have the same unit`s R-OB from its wartime Mossie days too,....... my lad is called Robert!!

seac%20mossie%201_zpsvsgzfrn2.jpg

Glad you like the Beau`s,......cheers,

Tony

• Like 2