Cosford with a fisheye.

Radleigh

Hmm. Quite weird! Nice pics a usual Rad.

Incidentally on my visit thee the other week I seem to have missed the two Migs! and the F-111 though I did get a glimpse of it. I must have forgotten to go back to check out the area behind the Valiant. But I did miss the Sabre and Hunter but the Hunter is just visible in one of my pics. My conclusions on my very first visit to Cosford isto sya its a very good museum but the Cold War hall looked too crowded and difficult to photograph much and hence another reason why I missed a few things. But my main treat to see were all the experimental types (I love that Bristol 188!) nad finally getting to see those unique Japanese types and Danish Catalina.

Cheers guys :)

Paul, the MiG-21PF is hidden behind the F-111 and the MiG-15 is in front of it, you don't actually see them unless you walk around to them. I noticed today, some bits have moved too, like the RN F-4 nose section, I can't remember what else had...

Looks like the best way to photograph them at Cosford especially with that MiG-21! A lot of aircraft it's difficult to get everything in with the usual 18mm. I had to stitch together frames for the Harrier and the FD-2. I guess that's also on top of a monopod with your flipdown screen on the 60D, will it reach high enough to get all of the Meteor in the frame above the valiant? What a stupid place to put that Meteor, that and the Canberra. Lovely restorations and airframes in the main hall, but must be the worst aviation museum space for photography! I am glad they're all under cover, but it certainly is a challenge for photgraphy.

Did you also get the Javelin?

Martin

• Like 1

Only got what you see, bar a few more of the MiG's... I was on a very short time limit, so got what I could. May go back this week if I can..

The Meteor hanging up? This would be to wide I think, I'd stick my 11-16 on for that, or 24-105.... all shot on a tripod held above my head.. I got some funny looks! Shooting was fun, quite a few out of focus shots due to movement when holding (tripod was full length and top heavy...), I was shooting at 1/30 - 1/60th most of the time as I limited my ISO to 1000 on the 60D.

Thanks guys.

I've yet to visit the Cold War Museum and from what the general consensus is, photography is pretty difficult if you want the whole aircraft, but since I like walkarounds, I'm hoping this might not present too much of an issue. The Cold War Museum was originally designed to get a few more aircraft on display and indoors from outside and EU funding was key to get the project going, so I guess we shouldn't be too fussy, especially since there are Meatboxes and Canberras a-plenty at other museums around the place. The Valiant however, is a different story. Cosford is great, though.

I've yet to visit the Cold War Museum and from what the general consensus is, photography is pretty difficult if you want the whole aircraft, but since I like walkarounds, I'm hoping this might not present too much of an issue. The Cold War Museum was originally designed to get a few more aircraft on display and indoors from outside and EU funding was key to get the project going, so I guess we shouldn't be too fussy, especially since there are Meatboxes and Canberras a-plenty at other museums around the place. The Valiant however, is a different story. Cosford is great, though.

Quite agree. It is good to see some unusual types under cover. I did enjoy my visit and hope to go back if I get another holiday in Shropshire. Loved where we stayed jus outside Much Wenlock. Lovely rural setting not a sound for miles around except for a few birds and a tractor in the distance! One or two aeroplanes flying overhead and I picked up an A330 tanker letting down in to Brize visually and aided by FR24!! I did get some nice pics of the other big stuff that are parked outside, except the VC 10 and Herk Particularly the Herk as they were putting up marquees for some foodie evnt and got in the way.

• Like 1

Great pics, and a tremendous museum, even my kids said it was one of the best museums they'd been too! I was expecting 30 mins max before the "Dad, we're bored" started, but after 4 hours they still wanted to go back to see more stuff!

Eng