Emirates 777 crash lands at Dubai

bentwaters81tfw

I'm hearing a fire worker died during the rescue. Very sad... It seems like these 777 accidents are beginning to happen in greater volume as the years go on. At least everyone on board is out ok.

Drew

While we wait for the report, it's reasonable to say that of the three 777 crashes that have happened at airports, only three fatalities among over 600 passengers and crew involved is frankly phenomenal. The 777 seems to be very crashworthy in a forced or crash landing situation. Without being too macabre, at least one of the three fatalities may have been caused by emergency vehicles attending the scene.

The two Malaysian incidents are very problematic to this day, and cannot realistically be related back to the aircraft itself. I would stand by my personal belief that the Boeing 777 is the most successful commercial aircraft design in history.

Quite an illuminating VIDEO here of the evacuation. Note passengers collecting their bags from the overhead bins and generally inactive til the crew take charge of the situation. Always listen to your cabin crew, folks. They've been well-trained for this.

Al (completely biased due to 4500 hours flying the 777! :) )

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 3

Yes it seems a firefighter did loose his life which is not good. RIP Jasim Issa Mohammed Hassan.

Video footage taken inside the plane, shows people trying to get their luggage out of the overhead lockers!

I mean seriously nothing in your luggage is worth dying for is it? neither is taking time to make a video?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3721366/Fire-Dubai-International-Airport-Emirates-Airline-passenger-jet-crash-lands.html

I am in no way excusing or condoning that behaviour, but perhaps the invention of checked bag fees means that more people are putting more valuable things in their carry-ons and meaning they are more likely to wish to take them with them. Either that or they are simply conditioned to taking their bags with them when they leave the aircraft - might be a case for this to be emphasized in the pre-flight show and tell, or even introducing bin locks for take off and landing.