More Hogs in Europe - Some Close Ups Added 5 Aug 16

Tiger331

There seem to be a fair few A-10C Warthogs in Europe these days. After hosting the Red Devils from Selfridge AB in Michigan earlier in the summer, we now have the 303rd FS AFRC from Whiteman AB in town. Yesterday they conducted their 'austere base' qualifications by operating off a section of one of the main highways in N.E. Estonia before undertaking some local range work. The weather/lighting conditions were less than optimal but I managed to take one or two photos that may be of interest:

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Managed to get over to Amari AB yesterday…..another challenging day with photographs with several squalls moving through at critical times. In the end had to content myself with taking some detail shots which hopefully you will find of interest.

7 of the 8 aircraft from 303FS parked on the ramp at Amari - Note the aircraft in the foreground 79-122 is the 'Flagship' jet and has 'shadow' titling on the nose (Pilot/Crewchief names etc)..all the others bore standard black lettering.

IMG_0571.jpg

Business End of the Mighty Warthog !

IMG_0653.jpg

The 303rd FS 'Flagship' 79-122 (note the shadow tail codes etc)

IMG_0577.jpg

Close up of the tail markings on 79-122

IMG_0615.jpg

Cockpit Access Door - 'Nose Art' from 79-122

IMG_0610.jpg

Hi-Viz Wing and Sqn Badges on '79-122'

IMG_0608.jpg

'Standard' tail markings on 79-107

IMG_0584.jpg

That great set of Warthog teeth and eyes that first appeared on one aircraft last year and became so popular the Unit decided to apply it to all.

IMG_0591.jpg

Cockpit access door 'nose art on 79-107

IMG_0590.jpg

Standard fit on almost all of the 303rd FS A-10Cs was as follows:

Outer Starboard pylon (Station 1) - Twin LAU with one drill AIM-9L fitted

IMG_0642.jpg

Station 2 - Litening Pod

IMG_0576.jpg

Station 9 - AGM-65 Maverick Drill Round - Some were Grey/Green (as shown) - others were uniform (overall) Grey

IMG_0601.jpg

Stations 4&8 - TERs (Some fitted with 25Kg practice bombs)

IMG_0660.jpg

Hope you like the additional photos

• Like 13

Some superb shots, you can tell these were taken by a modeler! Very nice pics, they will certainly help me out when I come to tackling my Warthog, thanks for sharing.

Some superb shots, you can tell these were taken by a modeler! Very nice pics, they will certainly help me out when I come to tackling my Warthog, thanks for sharing.

You got it…….I took quite a few other detailed shots so if there are any other requests, just shout and I will upload them. Sadly I could not take any of the cockpit interior due to the inclement weather but any airframe shots, I can gladly share.